Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Matt said:

A few people saying it seemed rushed, but thats why I thought it was great. 2 slow episodes to start the series, then all hell breaks loose with absolute carnage. Some epic deaths so far this series.

I don't think it was - she was torturing folk in the  name of freedom about 4 series ago, the signs were there

anyway - saw a good suggestion for how it might end today:

Arya kills Danerys 

Jon destroys the Iron Throne

then curls up and dies like Melissandre did a couple of episodes ago (because he's only be brought back to life for this one purpose)

that'd do for me

• Moderators
On 09/05/2019 at 21:08, Smiley said:

I'd been waiting to watch it - and then nearly fell asleep. Was a pretty long and boring episode. Bit naff. And how the fck we are meant to remember things from series 1?

Anyone watched Chernobyl?

Just watched the first two, very good

Seems like it could've been a lot worse than it was as well 

On 17/05/2019 at 22:06, deane koontz said:

Gonna have to watch this Wu Tang Clan documentary soon

If it’s half as good as the Defiant Ones it’ll be decent.

Sex Education was v enjoyable

Finally got around to starting the first couple of eps of Stranger Things tonight; not sure i’ll last the course 

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

If it’s half as good as the Defiant Ones it’ll be decent.

Sex Education was v enjoyable

Finally got around to starting the first couple of eps of Stranger Things tonight; not sure i’ll last the course 

Stick with it. Took me 3/4 and then was hooked. Can’t wait for series 3 

9 hours ago, Theboybell said:

No spoilers here but final GOT is very underwhelming IMO

Underwhelming maybe, but I thought it was alright barring a couple of things. Quite humorous at points. Nicely set for a spin off or two if parties want more $$$

Much better than the shite last week.

Pace of the final season was stupid

• Moderators

Dunno what everyone is moaning about really, I liked how it ended, didn't see most of it coming

Maybe one more episode to show danerys losing the plot before kicking off, but other than that, all good 

Certainly not worth signing a petition to get it remade, fucking losers

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Dunno what everyone is moaning about really, I liked how it ended, didn't see most of it coming

Maybe one more episode to show danerys losing the plot before kicking off, but other than that, all good 

Certainly not worth signing a petition to get it remade, fucking losers

I agree, it was good. I think the series needed another episode though, seemed a bit rushed. Should have had her going full on mad cow a bit longer.

It was a rushed series And because of that lost much of its impact. 

But the final episode was series was ok. The only issue being that the whole final series plot leaked before the series started - everyone though it was fake but as it turned out the leak was correct. 

I'm convinced that there was another series here - 8 could have focussed on the night king battle and 9 on subsequent developements and events. As it was it felt like everything just flipped with little background or reasoning. And the big "this is who you are Jon Snow" reveal in series 8 actually played no part at all - would anything have been different if he hadn't found out? Everything else still would have happened. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It was a rushed series And because of that lost much of its impact. 

But the final episode was series was ok. The only issue being that the whole final series plot leaked before the series started - everyone though it was fake but as it turned out the leak was correct. 

I'm convinced that there was another series here - 8 could have focussed on the night king battle and 9 on subsequent developements and events. As it was it felt like everything just flipped with little background or reasoning. And the big "this is who you are Jon Snow" reveal in series 8 actually played no part at all - would anything have been different if he hadn't found out? Everything else still would have happened. 

Think danerys finding about Jon and then the reactions of people like sansa and varys and the threat it carried was part of the trigger that sent her mental, but another episode or two may have helped to show why she tipped over the edge, even though the signs have been there for a few series

Plus he may not have done it has he actually believed she was the true queen

Not sure there was much more you do with the night king battle, we knew they were coming, and it's not like the night king has any character depth or even speaks, so it was always going to be a battle resulting in his death, no point in stretching that out over two episodes let alone a series

Edited by ZicoKelly

Ive only watched the final series of GOT so no real authority to comment, but definitely spin off tackle all over the shop especially Arya's gap year.

Anyway, Chernobyl and The Virtues tonight for me, probably need to sit in a dark room after.

On 21/05/2019 at 18:49, ZicoKelly said:

Think danerys finding about Jon and then the reactions of people like sansa and varys and the threat it carried was part of the trigger that sent her mental, but another episode or two may have helped to show why she tipped over the edge, even though the signs have been there for a few series

Plus he may not have done it has he actually believed she was the true queen

Not sure there was much more you do with the night king battle, we knew they were coming, and it's not like the night king has any character depth or even speaks, so it was always going to be a battle resulting in his death, no point in stretching that out over two episodes let alone a series

Yeah - agree I liked the series. Series 7 was the bad one but this has been really good, nothing will do justice to the early series but the last one finished perfectly for me.

But Chernobyl - it’s the best thing I’ve seen in years.