Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thanks for that.

Quite fascinated by aircraft (military) myself.

Used to love coming home from school during the Falklands war and listen to John Knott telling us how many sky hawks the harriers had shot down.

Perhaps the full horror strikes a bit later, especially as you get older, but at the time, they and the Vulcans were the absolute dogs' bollocks.

For me it was coming home from school during the first Gulf War and seeing the desert pink Tornados doing their stuff. 

Definitely as I got older and all the politics and humanitarian stuff becomes more of a factor it's slightly less of an innocent feeling but there's still nothing to match the awe of being near a full afterburner takeoff.

Just finished series 3 of Jessica Jones, too long in a way but could see also see why. If you're going to commit to a superhero thing for that long though then Daredevil is the better choice I reckon.

Watched a weird thing last night where basically a taco narrated an episode about itself being eaten, thought maybe someone had dropped a tab in my drink.

On 28 July 2019 at 14:23, DaisyHWanderer said:

The Great Hack on netflix.

Documentary about the Cambridge Analytica scandal with facebook data used during the trump and brexit campaigns. Found it very interesting and slightly worrying!

Saved that for a watch later. Looks pretty interesting stuff.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Spider said:

New series of Gone Fishing with Mortimer and Whitehouse tonight. A must.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ace, thanks for the reminder. Saw Bob Mortimer on top gear, he's a funny bloke, even if he's not so good at fishing!

Nice, calm, easy watch.

Two genuinely funny guys enjoying old age.

They make you wish that you were out with them.

11 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

There's a thing on BBC 4 tonight about 80s acid house/raves that looks like it might be a decent watch if anyone's feeling a bit nostalgic.

On this (well, recording it) gonna give this Ibiza silent movie a go then hit the sack

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Steejay said:

Nice, calm, easy watch.

Two genuinely funny guys enjoying old age.

They make you wish that you were out with them.

It was just two blokes talking shite for half an hour in nice scenery. I fucking loved it!

I'm going to look to see if the 1st series is on anywhere when I get home.

On 28/07/2019 at 14:23, DaisyHWanderer said:

The Great Hack on netflix.

Documentary about the Cambridge Analytica scandal with facebook data used during the trump and brexit campaigns. Found it very interesting and slightly worrying!

Did about 30 minutes of it, made its point. But just couldn’t stand listening to the smug geeks.  

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Finished the series "the looming tower" last night.

Hard to define its total accuracy or slant, but, taking it at face value, individuals in the the CIA and certain senior individuals (Condoleezza Rice) want locking up for their behaviour prior to 9/11.

What's that about and what can I watch it on pal?