Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Members
On 29/10/2019 at 00:15, Rudy’s Message said:

My old man was in the mod scene, sideburns, scooter, parka and the music, he then met my mam a woman from Jamaica, he told me how it got a bit rough being white dating a black woman especially that era, and yeah it was tough for her but tough on my dad. 
People at the time couldn’t understand it, but it taught him that skin colour really didn’t matter it, and he then learned of my mama culture, and he  then became bang into ska and reggae, and even now he still has time to jump on his lambretta to a meet, and from that I’ve embraced both cultures. It’s a shame to see people tarred with the same brush because it’s not always true.

Just as an aside mate - if you can find a book called "Central 1179 - The story of Manchester's Twisted Wheel Club" you and your old man will probably love it. Don't know how to post photo's on here any more but, if I could, I would post the cover photograph.

Great read.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Just as an aside mate - if you can find a book called "Central 1179 - The story of Manchester's Twisted Wheel Club" you and your old man will probably love it. Don't know how to post photo's on here any more but, if I could, I would post the cover photograph.

Great read.

Cheers Bolty I’ll have a look for it

Watched about 45 mins of "Red Mist: Keane vs McCarthy Civil War" about the fall out at the 2002 World Cup. Might be as old as day (was on YouTube) - but got recommended it. Anyway, fell asleep. Was ok up until that point. Roy is as mad as they come though. But had a point.

I may have already mentioned this on here but I highly recommend Night & Day. It's set in Barcelona. Watched the 2nd series last week. It's a crime thriller. 

Really good, and noticed that a 3rd series is filming 👍

Edited by jeep
Forget to mention that it's accessible via All 4

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone see the first episode of "his dark materials" last night?

Harry Potter meets Game of Thrones.

Need to watch it unfold over the coming weeks to make a proper judgement.

I started watching it and thought it a bit weird but carried on watching, like yourself I need to watch it more to form a proper judgement. Looks alright though

• Site Supporter
Just now, athywhite1958 said:

I started watching it and thought it a bit weird but carried on watching, like yourself I need to watch it more to form a proper judgement. Looks alright though

Interesting idea though; what animal would you pick?

I suppose anything aquatic is out of the question. :)

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I watched the Golden Compass, based on the books, about 10 years ago and it was mostly average, and for some reason they never made the two proposed sequels, so never got to finish it

might give it a whirl

33 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I recorded it, but your second sentence is putting me right off.

Girlfriend watches that fucking Supernatural, Jesus.

15 series of exactly the same shit every episode, I've not seen a single bird in it (or bloke actually...) that isn't fit as owt.

Girl here been in a coma 12 years in hospital whose projecting murderous fairy tales into real events, hair and makeup done obviously.