Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Fuck my life... The wife has been on the piss all day and I'm sat here watching the masked singer again with the kids. 

Anyway. Chameleon is the bloke from the darkness. 

That mole thing is Jason manford. 

Come back home games... All is forgiven! 

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Ok

Don’t fuck with cats.

I take it we all googled THAT video half way through?

I really, really wish I hadn’t.

I’m going to hell.

I watched the video when it came out. Someone sent it me. I had forgotten about it until I watched the documentary. Didn’t know about the first two though. 

On 12/01/2020 at 19:24, Spider said:

Ok

Don’t fuck with cats.

I take it we all googled THAT video half way through?

I really, really wish I hadn’t.

I’m going to hell.

Not a fucking chance. I found it hard enough to watch the little footage they showed as it was.

• Members
14 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Storyville - Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle on iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000d27r

I knew about the end result but not too much about the back story

watched part 1, looking forward to part 2

staggering what religion makes people do

Fucking unbelievable. Some pure evil nutjob and, even more incredible, many devoted followers. To an extent I suppose the same sort of idolisation Hitler received from millions of gullible Germans.

If you haven''t watched Going Clear (as recommended by the Kentish one on here), that is also well worth a viewing. Hard to believe the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta have been sucked in by this bollocks. You'll learn all about the 'director of the Galactic Confederacy', "Xenu" who migrated to Teegeeack (now known as Earth) in spaceships which resembled DC8 aeroplanes.

Rivetting stuff (if you are prone to bouts of stark raving bonkerism).

• Members
2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Started 'The Outsider' last night. Only two episodes in and the missus is already hooked.

For me, interesting so far but reserving judgement.

I’ve read the book, I’ll reserve judgement until the jury is back in, because there is something about Stephen King adaptations that seem to not work on screen.

On 15/01/2020 at 01:09, bolty58 said:

Fucking unbelievable. Some pure evil nutjob and, even more incredible, many devoted followers. To an extent I suppose the same sort of idolisation Hitler received from millions of gullible Germans.

If you haven''t watched Going Clear (as recommended by the Kentish one on here), that is also well worth a viewing. Hard to believe the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta have been sucked in by this bollocks. You'll learn all about the 'director of the Galactic Confederacy', "Xenu" who migrated to Teegeeack (now known as Earth) in spaceships which resembled DC8 aeroplanes.

Rivetting stuff (if you are prone to bouts of stark raving bonkerism).

Still to watch the Jonestown thing but I'd highly reccomend the book all about it, 'Raven'.  The Hitler devotion analogy is bang on, it was incredible what he got ordinary folk to do.

The Louis Theroux film on Scientology is a cracker too. For bite size chunks on how mad them feckers are, I'd recommend the Leah Rimini series.  She interviews others who left the cult, lost all their family, money etc.  Still amazes me that these evil gits have a centre in the middle of Deansgate. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Still to watch the Jonestown thing but I'd highly reccomend the book all about it, 'Raven'.  The Hitler devotion analogy is bang on, it was incredible what he got ordinary folk to do.

the first episode tells of his obsession with Hitler from an early age, as he was in awe at seeing him speak at rallies and how he got the audience, and in turn country, to go along with everything he said

he was definitely an inspiration to him