Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Somehow... Fuck knows how... We got to episode 9 before my Mrs binned white lines off. There's only 10 episodes.

I said it was shit after 10 mins. 

Last episode’s shit anyway.

You’ve saved an hour of your life, pal.

something about series 3 Forbrydelsen (i think)

bit late but the bluray or dvd boxset is out (iirc) has english subs, or theres a snide torrent  knocking about (if it works). they cant take it off you if you own it. 

On 01/07/2020 at 20:21, Spider said:

Sky saying the licensing has been withdrawn but didn’t bother putting an expiry on it the fucking towering shitpipes

they do that as not to spoil the home video release dvd of season 10 , its being released in mid july. 

when they did it for season 9 i didnt know it was back until the three stooges remake (he plays a nun) were on film4 the other month (in the 'more like this' bit). 

skys funny with end dates, if it doesnt say when its going, itll either stay up or change to a end date about 7 days before it goes. so sometimes if you dont check it at the right time then  theres no way of knowing. 

You can get the entire dvds for about £45 for season 1to8 , about £12 for s9 and about £19 for s10.. 

about 74 pence an episode. 

again , they cant take it off you if you own it . 

you can always ebay it if its taking up space and has no rewatch value for you. 

Edited by e2e4
typo

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, e2e4 said:

bit late but the bluray or dvd boxset is out (iirc) has english subs, or theres a snide torrent  knocking about (if it works). they cant take it off you if you own it. 

they do that as not to spoil the home video release dvd of season 10 , its being released in mid july. 

when they did it for season 9 i didnt know it was back until the three stooges remake (he plays a nun) were on film4 the other month (in the 'more like this' bit). 

skys funny with end dates, if it doesnt say when its going, itll either stay up or change to a end date about 7 days before it goes. so sometimes if you dont check it at the right time then  theres no way of knowing. 

You can get the entire dvds for about £45 for season 1to8 , about £12 for s9 and about £19 for s10.. 

about 74 pence an episode. 

again , they cant take it off you if you own it . 

you can always ebay it if its taking up space and has no rewatch value for you. 

I don’t own a DVD player

I fork out a fortune for all the platforms, I expect them to give a fair warning

Cunts

i taped the most recent season as its shown on tv weekly(so it stays on the box forever) except when corona dug in they seemed to speed show the last 3 eps one a day and i missed the seventh or eighth episode, so had to download it later... its still on the box and hasnt been auto deleted.. strange

having stuff on permanent rent that can just go is mental

its kinda no wonder folk pirate stuff, the illegal stuff works better than the bought stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching Once Upon A Time In Iraq on BBC2 now? Very interesting documentary about life in Iraq before and during the 2003 invasion.

All of the contributors are compelling but that US Marine Recon bloke Rudy Reyes, fucking hell he's seen too much him.

*Edit, here's his cameo from the documentary...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-53348819/iraq-war-we-are-systematically-programmed-to-kill

Edited by Marc505

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Anyone watching Once Upon A Time In Iraq on BBC2 now? Very interesting documentary about life in Iraq before and during the 2003 invasion.

All of the contributors are compelling but that US Marine Recon bloke Rudy Reyes, fucking hell he's seen too much him.

*Edit, here's his cameo from the documentary...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-53348819/iraq-war-we-are-systematically-programmed-to-kill

Rudy Reyes was in a brilliant series called Generation Kill about his platoon (not sure if that's the right word) being the spearhead of the invasion. I think it's made by the same folk as the Wire, they couldn't find anyone suitable to play Rudy so got him to play himself. It's a must see, brilliantly detailed and darkly humorous in places. 

16 minutes ago, boogs said:

Rudy Reyes was in a brilliant series called Generation Kill about his platoon (not sure if that's the right word) being the spearhead of the invasion. I think it's made by the same folk as the Wire, they couldn't find anyone suitable to play Rudy so got him to play himself. It's a must see, brilliantly detailed and darkly humorous in places. 

I only just read about him being in Generation Kill this morning, I watched and loved that series but not seen it for over 10 years and dont remember him being in it, definitely calls for a re watch. I remember an episode with some close combat in night vision which was brilliant.

14 minutes ago, boogs said:

Also I did watch that documentary, fascinating to hear tales from people who were there. Also Rudy looks like his drank a bit in the 10 plus years since Generation Kill. 

That translator is a character! I'm going to track down episode 2

28 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I assumed it wouldn't be on until next week. 

Back to GK, I honestly can't find words to explain how good I think it was. Have you read the book it's based on? It's the accounts of the journalist sat in the front Hummer with the marines on the invasion. A brilliant read, I sometimes think if someone hasn't read the book but seen the programme they would think some of the scenarios are "Hollywood spin" but then you read the book and realise its all true, fuck ups n all. 

1 hour ago, boogs said:

I assumed it wouldn't be on until next week. 

Back to GK, I honestly can't find words to explain how good I think it was. Have you read the book it's based on? It's the accounts of the journalist sat in the front Hummer with the marines on the invasion. A brilliant read, I sometimes think if someone hasn't read the book but seen the programme they would think some of the scenarios are "Hollywood spin" but then you read the book and realise its all true, fuck ups n all. 

I've not but I'm going to seek it out today, cheers! Just finished part 1 of a novelisation about WW3 based on how a computer model plotted it would pan out, so I could do with something light 🤣

• Members

I have managed to watch the first episode of Zero Zero Zero and it's fucking ace. Problem is the dodgy box is cutting out part of the English subtitles (when they aren't speaking English anyway).

I hear it will be screening on Sky Atlantic UK soon. Would appreciate a shout if and when anybody finds out when.

Compulsive viewing like Gomorrah.

On 16/07/2020 at 08:27, Marc505 said:

Episode 2 is on at 9pm tonight. Although I've just noticed it said the series is available on iplayer, so maybe I'm being an old fashion twat watching it weekly. 

41 minutes ago, boogs said:

Episode 2 is on at 9pm tonight. Although I've just noticed it said the series is available on iplayer, so maybe I'm being an old fashion twat watching it weekly. 

Got it on record for tonight. I got Generation Kill with the intention of reading it alongside another book I'm reading, cant put it down though it's great.

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Got it on record for tonight. I got Generation Kill with the intention of reading it alongside another book I'm reading, cant put it down though it's great.

Good stuff, it's years since I read it but I remember not being able to put it down. 

On 20/07/2020 at 20:11, boogs said:

Just watched episode 2, it's going to go down as one of the great documentaries this.

49 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Just watched episode 2, it's going to go down as one of the great documentaries this.

Aye, it's bloody fascinating to me. Disagree with his tactics or not, cant imagine being put in the position Nate Sassaman was. Some fuckin pressure that. 

51 minutes ago, boogs said:

Aye, it's bloody fascinating to me. Disagree with his tactics or not, cant imagine being put in the position Nate Sassaman was. Some fuckin pressure that. 

Aye.  He couldnt win.  Shows those Bremer decisions to disband the army and the Baathist party to be monumental feck ups.