Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah, loads in the books to go at. 

Press release a couple of weeks ago, not sure what to think, yet. Cast list doing the rounds as well including our very own Sir Lenny Henry!!??

Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

1 hour ago, kaydan said:

Press release a couple of weeks ago, not sure what to think, yet. Cast list doing the rounds as well including our very own Sir Lenny Henry!!??

Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.

Looks like they will go with the Numenor and the rise of Sauron after Morgorth.

Lenny Henry has been caving his name in some serious stage work for the past 10 years and got really good reviews so not surprising if he has been cast.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Good episode of Your Honour 

Gonna be gutted when it finishes 

Quality programme. Just done episode 6 tonight. 

One of best programmes around at the minute is the power spin off about his boy Tariq. Absolutely superb it is 

Edited by Escobarp

• Members
8 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Ah right

So a spin off and nothing to do with Bilbo or Frodo 

I did think it didn't need re-doing 

But a spin off may as well be GOT or Vikings 

Unless it leads up to when they first take Sauron on, but we already know how that ends, that'd do though

It seems that NIC and I love the same book(s). Who'd o' thowt?

I'll be watching LotR TV series with interest. The Hobbit and LotR are great books but it takes some staying power to read The Silmarillion.

Wondering if this series will touch on the latter - maybe the downfall of Numenor?

Still pissed off with Peter Jackson about his ending to LotR. He should have left it to the original ending where The Shire has been subjugated and terrorised and the returning hobbits have to sort it out.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

It seems that NIC and I love the same book(s). Who'd o' thowt?

I'll be watching LotR TV series with interest. The Hobbit and LotR are great books but it takes some staying power to read The Silmarillion.

Wondering if this series will touch on the latter - maybe the downfall of Numenor?

Still pissed off with Peter Jackson about his ending to LotR. He should have left it to the original ending where The Shire has been subjugated and terrorised and the returning hobbits have to sort it out.

Aye, i saw the films before i read the book so that actual ending surprised me

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, i saw the films before i read the book so that actual ending surprised me

Bit like Bombadil though. Great in the books but for a film.narrative still ends up atbthe same point. The Hobbits clear up Hobbition - but it's also hard in the films to know how.much time actually passed fr.the defeat of Sauron to Frodo heading to the West.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bit like Bombadil though. Great in the books but for a film.narrative still ends up atbthe same point. The Hobbits clear up Hobbition - but it's also hard in the films to know how.much time actually passed fr.the defeat of Sauron to Frodo heading to the West.

further to that, in the film, Bilbo gives Frodo the ring and he pretty much starts the journey right away

in the films he waits something like 20 years!

I preferred the film ending anyway