Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

Westworld just gets more and more mental

Enjoying the latest series of Billions too

There’s a load of WC progs on History that look good - just downloading them

Bulletproof isn’t bad if you can get past the cockney street wisecracking and shit shooting

• Moderators

Anyone else enjoy A very British scandal? I was a kid at the time it happened so didn't know much of the background. Incredible story and a brilliant performance by Hugh Grant

Aye

Never heard of any of it

Enjoyed it, there was a documentary about the real thing on bbc4 which will now watch

Hugh Grant is v good, in general

Anyone else enjoy A very British scandal? I was a kid at the time it happened so didn't know much of the background. Incredible story and a brilliant performance by Hugh Grant

Aye

Never heard of any of it

Enjoyed it, there was a documentary about the real thing on bbc4 which will now watch

Hugh Grant is v good, in general

Hmm. I remember it all too clearly as I was about 30 at the time.

Thorpe was a maverick politician and did a great deal for the Liberal Party, although his fall managed to undo pretty well everything he had achieved.

Although he had genuine Liberal ideals, he was an upper-class toff - Etonian, son and grandson of Tory MPs, who chose a different path.

Essentially, as was portrayed, chaps looked after fellow chaps and their indiscretions - it's just that his went further than anyone could possibly condone. Amazing to think he could have chosen to become Home Secretary under Heath in a coalition (with the prospect of burying the dirt on himself), but chose not to do so because his price was electoral reform, which Heath wouldn't contemplate.

The drama was a good representation of the truth, as the documentary confirmed.

Just watched about 10 mins of that Frankie Boyle NWO.

Reckon I'd have found that funny a few years ago but had to leave the room (mrs into it) it was grating that much.

Comedians are supposed to be funny not apologise for every fcuking thing they say (and before they say it)

Just watched about 10 mins of that Frankie Boyle NWO.

Reckon I'd have found that funny a few years ago but had to leave the room (mrs into it) it was grating that much.

Comedians are supposed to be funny not apologise for every fcuking thing they say (and before they say it)

I gave up after first episode for the same reason. Same as you a few years ago I’d have been well into it, a bit like I used to be with Michael Moore stuff. Bowling For Columbine I used to think was groundbreaking, vital that everyone watched it and then revisited it years later and he just got on my tits

Watched about 3 episodes of The Sinner on Netflix. Pretty dark. But enjoying it.

As mentioned on the World Cup thread.... highly recommend "When England Ruled Europe" - was on ITV last week. 2 parter about being kings of Europe late 70s early 80s.

After Sinner, Netflix suggested Safe. British made series, with the Dexter bloke.

Parked it after 2 and a bit episodes, just didn’t grab me.

Looking for something new.

Now that was a decent bit of trash TV!

Some right decent flap on show as well

Play to the whistle

Possibly the worst TV I’ve ever seen if it wasn’t for Holly thingy’s filth and top bollocks

Horrific effort at cheaply copying the one on sky with Corden, Redknapp and Freddie

Agreed, it's utter tosh, and I think it generally has that Romesh Rangadangadindong on, who is the least funny comedian in the world. (and this is a world that also contains Sarah Millican and Shappi Korsandi, that's how unfunny he is)

Holly is filth though

Agreed, it's utter tosh, and I think it generally has that Romesh Rangadangadindong on, who is the least funny comedian in the world. (and this is a world that also contains Sarah Millican and Shappi Korsandi, that's how unfunny he is)

Holly is filth though

Women comedians are generally piss poor. Was at a corporate do when shappi was on about ten years back. She was fucking dire.