Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You won't be disappointed. Best I've watched for a long time.

I finished it off as well tremendous recommendation pal. 

did the latest episode of your honor last night. It’s fantastic if you’ve not seen it

also watched all the series of the bay on ITV player. That was very very good viewing 

• Members
12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I finished it off as well tremendous recommendation pal. 

did the latest episode of your honor last night. It’s fantastic if you’ve not seen it

also watched all the series of the bay on ITV player. That was very very good viewing 

Is there one more?

• Members

TBF - RC was the erudite Trafs recommendation which I took up after recommending Gomorrah and, as he told us it would be, it was superb. Agree with Ronnie, nothing will match Gomorrah's menace for me but ZZZ gets close.

Esco - yes sir, watched all of Your Honor ('Honour' FFS you gun totin' nobheads!) episodes from day one. One to go. Gripping stuff. I don't think I have ever watched anything with Cranston in which I haven't enjoyed. Also enjoying S2 of The Bay.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

TBF - RC was the erudite Trafs recommendation which I took up after recommending Gomorrah and, as he told us it would be, it was superb. Agree with Ronnie, nothing will match Gomorrah's menace for me but ZZZ gets close.

Esco - yes sir, watched all of Your Honor ('Honour' FFS you gun totin' nobheads!) episodes from day one. One to go. Gripping stuff. I don't think I have ever watched anything with Cranston in which I haven't enjoyed. Also enjoying S2 of The Bay.

The TV series "Your Honor" is it only available on Hulu? Can't seem to find it anywhere else.

8 minutes ago, Blondi said:

The TV series "Your Honor" is it only available on Hulu? Can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Not that I would ever condone using streaming sites/apps ... but there's an app out there called Cinema HD and it's on there.

Edited by DazBob

25 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I need a new series to watch as I’m all out of stuff to watch. Given I managed zerozerozero with the subtitles I think I may try gomorrah this weekend 

I'm jealous.  Wish I could unwatch it, just so I can watch it all again for the first time.

24 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yes. Up there with The Wire and Breaking Bad for me.

The shield took the place as my number one ever show last year. But breaking bad and the wire Defo top 5 for me. 

I will start Gomorrah this week for sure. If my systems at work stay down it might be this afternoon 

• Moderators

am up to episode 8, it's ace

still no idea how it's going to end, but I think ***** POTENTIAL SPOILER **** a jilted lover may play a part or end up dead

everyone I know who's seen it really rates it highly

only gets 44% on Rotton Tomatoes though!

12 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

All about opinions, but Breaking Bad is by far the best TV show I have watched, watched it 3 times now, just in case I missed anything.

...apart from Corrie of course, nothing beats the dark humour of the cobbles and the legend that is Gail Platt, Tyldesley, Rodmell etc..😃

Fair enough, just didn't get on with it, that lad irritated me too much and couldn't invest in any of them.

Sopranos for me is the highpoint of those type of series.

As for guilty pleasures SoA was in the so bad its good camp. Me and the other half loved watched it as a drama comedy.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

All about opinions, but Breaking Bad is by far the best TV show I have watched, watched it 3 times now, just in case I missed anything.

...apart from Corrie of course, nothing beats the dark humour of the cobbles and the legend that is Gail Platt, Tyldesley, Rodmell etc..😃

Yeah I agree but on a par with The Sopranos, better call Saul may match it when it ends as well. 

Speaking of Corrie, who’s the Eastern European lass who was just wearing a towel?

1 hour ago, Zico said:

am up to episode 8, it's ace

still no idea how it's going to end, but I think ***** POTENTIAL SPOILER **** a jilted lover may play a part or end up dead

everyone I know who's seen it really rates it highly

only gets 44% on Rotton Tomatoes though!

Yet Lupin gets a mighty 97%.  Laughable.

... and White Lines 64% FFS.

Edited by DazBob

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Sopranos didn't do it for me, but that's how it is, strangely enough I really liked Ozark and can't wait for the next series, loved Peaky Blinders as well.

Yeah, I gave up on Peaky Blinders. I did like Ozark after a bit but the last series took a lot of faith to get through. Plus if they could change the colour wash from just blue that would help. The whole hillbilly graduate storyine made be gip though.

Haven't watched a soap in years, since I got hooked on Emmerdale at uni.

Given Sucession a go if you haven't yet - can't recommend it enough.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Aye Elana would have it, Proper flappers them on Gail

Will mellor joining the street as a softer jez quigley drug boss type

first recruit Simon Barlow