Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Rising Damp, just brilliant, but I'm a sucker for 'On The Buses', cheesy slapstic comedy at its best. Got the full box set for Xmas about 12 years ago, 72 episodes. The episode where Reg tries teaching Arthur to drive a bus 🤣

Butlaaaaar 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there was ever a post that summed up a poster, there it is

Did you know that Monte Carlo and Wigan are the only places in Europe where you can pay for sex using chips.

Gone Fishing on this Sunday night. https://uk.yahoo.com/style/bob-mortimer-paul-whitehouse-interview-072017136.html Good article too.

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Rising Damp, just brilliant, but I'm a sucker for 'On The Buses', cheesy slapstic comedy at its best. Got the full box set for Xmas about 12 years ago, 72 episodes. The episode where Reg tries teaching Arthur to drive a bus 🤣

Butlaaaaar 

Now yer talking, have a lot of classic 70s sitcoms on DVD, On The Buses, Q, Rising Damp, Love Thy Neighbour, Curry And Chips and even the brief Carry On series

Just now, DavidLeesMullet said:

Now yer talking, have a lot of classic 70s sitcoms on DVD, On The Buses, Q, Rising Damp, Love Thy Neighbour, Curry And Chips and even the brief Carry On series

Most seem dated, but a few carry the test of time. 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Most seem dated, but a few carry the test of time. 

Agreed but they still make me laugh. There's a few from the 80s that really make me chuckle, The Young Ones, Police Squad, Sledge Hammer! (Anybody else remember that?), Blackadder etc

Just now, DavidLeesMullet said:

Agreed but they still make me laugh. There's a few from the 80s that really make me chuckle, The Young Ones, Police Squad, Sledge Hammer! (Anybody else remember that?), Blackadder etc

Bottom still cracks me up, Rik Mayall sorely missed, another gone to soon. I never really watched blackadder, I always seemed to be out somewhere when it was on.

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Bottom still cracks me up, Rik Mayall sorely missed, another gone to soon. I never really watched blackadder, I always seemed to be out somewhere when it was on.

Watched a compilation of the violent bits and I was creasing myself laughing, visited the bench (Though sadly not the original one) in Hammersmith many years ago

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Butlaaaaar 

Love on the buses! My dad's doing that. Also love porridge, steptoe and son and remember watching til death do us part as kid. 

• Site Supporter

7 episodes into Godfather of Harlem 

I'd say it's ace 

For those who've seen it, spent the last couple of episodes racking my brain as to where I'd seen Joe Bossanaro 

The Usual Suspects

1 minute ago, Zico said:

7 episodes into Godfather of Harlem 

I'd say it's ace 

For those who've seen it, spent the last couple of episodes racking my brain as to where I'd seen Joe Bossanaro 

The Usual Suspects

One of the best things I’ve seen it’s superb 

• Members

70s comedy where they spend ten minutes building up to a punchline which, when it arrives, you, the watcher, had seen coming ten minutes earlier.

Love it!

13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Great episode of line of duty

bent coppers 

Only thing worse than a normal copper is a bent copper. Marginal though 

12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Only thing worse than a normal copper is a bent copper. Marginal though 

Depends. There’s a  Copper on my road, I’m gonna try and find some dirt on him to blackmail him into letting me into the evidence room for 10 minutes. 

Rewatched the office over the last few days for the first time in about 10 years.

Not only is it still absolutely hilarious and brilliantly written and stood the test of time , it’s really tragic and sad with a lovely genuine love story intertwined. 

They’re are a brilliant double act Gervais and Merchant.

Yep, no surprise their separate shows have been shit since they stopped working together

In the minority on here but thought After Life was shite.

Edited by jmjhb
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Rewatched the office over the last few days for the first time in about 10 years.

Not only is it still absolutely hilarious and brilliantly written and stood the test of time , it’s really tragic and sad with a lovely genuine love story intertwined. 

They’re are a brilliant double act Gervais and Merchant.

One of my go to's I could watch over and over again and not get bored. 

4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

One of my go to's I could watch over and over again and not get bored. 

The Office is that good I can not watch more than one episode a time because it is so cringe worthy but brilliant.

The last ever episode was one of the best shows ever not because of the love story but just three words that made you want to cheer. 'Fuck off Chris.'

His boss coincidentally got his comeuppance on LOD last night. 

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Yep, no surprise their separate shows have been shit since they stopped working together

In the minority on here but thought After Life was shite.

Liked the first season but the second one was absolute dog plop. That therapist might be the shittest character I've ever seen on tv. 

18 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

That therapist might be the shittest character I've ever seen on tv. 

I've not liked him in anything he's been in.