Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Members
12 hours ago, L/H White said:

prat

I'm a fan R but they have a point. Some silly stuff sneaking in. Stealthily sneaking through a forest to murder someone and deliver a message and then your march out the bushes singing "Billy Boys" (great song though it is)?

That machine gunning the mines was a bit naff too.

Probably one series too far as suggested by shit'n finger but there will be a large proportion of it that I still enjoy.

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I'm a fan R but they have a point. Some silly stuff sneaking in. Stealthily sneaking through a forest to murder someone and deliver a message and then your march out the bushes singing "Billy Boys" (great song though it is)?

That machine gunning the mines was a bit naff too.

Probably one series too far as suggested by shit'n finger but there will be a large proportion of it that I still enjoy.

See I thought that scene was brilliant

I think it's gonna be a belter 

Edited by L/H White

5 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I won't be missing any of it I assure you.

i bought this yesterday, i wanted to know a bit more about, fullerton and his gang

geek

https://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Gangs-Glasgow-British-Gangster/dp/1444739794/ref=sr_1_1?crid=5F5KPUAMY1HN&keywords=gangs+of+glasgow&qid=1566977576&s=gateway&sprefix=gangs+of+gl%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-1

• Members

Interested to know if it mentions the Drummy and the Shamrocks who used to be in the news a lot when I were a lad.

One of them (Drummy I think) were famous for asking blokes they didn't recognise on their patch "Does your mother sew?" Razor slash down the cheek with "tell her to stitch that" followed. Don't know if it was urban myth or fact but I did know two blokes from Castlemilk who wouldn't go anywhere near Drummy turf.

That citys reputation kept many away and most are amazed at what a great city it actually is when they go there.

• Members
4 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Nice cameos from RayVon, Clinton Baptiste and a nod to Dave T’s tattoo shop.

It’s pretty funny. Bit in the Shameless mold

Aye, noticed all of them.

Dominic West too. That's a bit of a coup. He delivered another line which prompted a loud guffaw. "Me todger looks like the dog's been at it" 😄

• 2 weeks later...

The Troubles - A Secret History

Just about to start watching Episode 1. Should be interesting. Wonder what the slant will be?

Grew up in a Methodist (Protestant) family who generally had no time for the left-footers

Married into a Dublin Catholic family

Have spent a lot of time over the years working in both NI and the South and absolutely love the people and apart from one time in a bar in Belfast have always received the warmest of welcomes from the friendliest people on earth

The whole ‘Troubles’ thing fascinates me. Think it’s the fact that they are so friendly over there yet the stuff that’s gone on is so against what you see