Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

In Or Out?

Farrelli

• Site Supporter

I find it abhorrent that Scotland has 59 seats with such a small population, we should not be held to ransom by a couple of million nationalists having a power and leverage way and above the size of their population warrants.

If they were to become a major fly in the ointment, we could allow them another independence referendum. Stay and its brexit all the way or go and they can't be problematic any more.

I'm not sure (just checked they won 56 seats) but whatever they have it's not enough and whoever gave them 60 seats with a population less than Liverpool and manchester wants shooting, was that labour who changed it?

You're a bit off beam with your populations....

Glasgow has a larger population than Manchester, and

Edinburgh has a bigger population than Liverpool.

Edited by MalcolmW

You're a bit off beam with your populations....

Glasgow has a larger population than Manchester, and

Edinburgh has a bigger population than Liverpool.

He still makes a good point. Only 2.9 million Scots actually voted in 2015 and the population of Liverpool and Manchester combined is circa 3.4 million. They simply have too many seats.

It has the seats it deserves. It's a tricky place actually becasue Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee and Aberdeen aside practically no bastard lives there. So they have a struggle to find the requisite 70 to 77 thousand people who live in an area below the size limit in square miles. The island constituencies don't count as the rules are different.  The SNP could find themselves with all fifty seats under the new arrangements so they shouldn't whine too much.

They are Scotchers. I reckon a third of a vote per person would be quite generous.

Just give them a vote in Eire and not Britain as that's who they align themselves with, don't want their bollocks in a U.K. Vote. In fact pay them to fuck off there. Job sorted. ????

Edited by Mounts Kipper

What the hell are you on about?

My point was the SNP want all the benefits of being in the UK and some more, free prescriptions, free Uni education and then consistently show an anti UK stance, Sadly we can't fuck the SNP lot off and keep the pro UK Scots, therefore I'd be in favour of reducing the number of seats they have in Westminster to make sure their no more than an irritant.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Worryingly they may do in future elections...

Although the SNP in Westminster present a more robust and united opposition than Labour, they are making a dog's breakfast of governing in Edinburgh.

I expect the Conservatives will emerge as clear second Scottish represented party at Westminster next time around (if Scotland is still in UK).

Although the SNP in Westminster present a more robust and united opposition than Labour, they are making a dog's breakfast of governing in Edinburgh.

I expect the Conservatives will emerge as clear second Scottish represented party at Westminster next time around (if Scotland is still in UK).

I really hope it isn't. 

• Members

Why do you want Scotland out.

Any other bits you want out ?

A millstone round our necks for centuries. Just as the Royal Family are net earners for the UK, Scotland is a net liability.

Don't trot out the North Sea oil bollocks. Would never have been discovered/developed without London and Texas. Nearly exhausted anyway and if the SNP had got what they wanted at their last breakaway referendum, their total reliance on North Sea oil money (and arguably, they would have only been granted a proportion of it) they'd have been royally fucked within a few weeks when the oil price dropped through the floor.

Definitely keep Northern Ireland. Indifferent about Wales. We can all sing when we've got fuck all to do.

Scotland will stay, they only just voted to remain

Wales isn't even a close remain

N Ireland is cleary more difficult, but they aren't screaming about it like the Scots

I hope that we all stay together. I feel British first.

• Members

Scotland will stay, they only just voted to remain

Wales isn't even a close remain

N Ireland is cleary more difficult, but they aren't screaming about it like the Scots

I hope that we all stay together. I feel British first.

Not English first?

I have absolutely no desire to wear a skirt, a ginger minge titfer or call New Year Hogmanay. I have Glaswegian relatives who are strong supporters of the Union and have always told them to move south of the border and bring their football club with them  =@  ;)

Why do you want Scotland out.

Any other bits you want out ?

They want out. Attitudes have hardened after the last vote following broken promises made by Darling, Cameron and especially Brown during the campaign. Like Bolty says they are a millstone and always want more. The majority hate us with a passion as I witnessed whilst working up there for 9 years. Why not give them what they want? A win win for both.