Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

To be fair the bellend quote was more aimed at the clowns actually on twitter, i just mentioned that your quote above would fit in on there because there was no truth in it yet you got pretty angry

All I was doing was letting forum users know what was being reported on different outlets.

For what it is worth - the bloke who tweeted a done deal (Pete O'Rourke) has just done another tweet and linked it to this article -

Now the article is from HITC which without doubt is the greatest publisher of fake transfer stories out there in my opinion - for instance it claims in the link that the deal is worth up to £6 million to us!

IF and I do mean IF - the only source to Madine's transfer is traced back to the HITC article then I would say the story is just hearsay.

That's not to say it won't happen but both clubs, Nixon, Iles and Cardiff's local paper haven't reported this as a done deal - so I simply don't believe HITC are more in the know than all of them.

• Site Supporter

Really don’t get all these folk on suicide watch when Madine leaves. We are very one dimensional with him in the team, I really believe we have enough footballers at the club to work through teams if we have too, especially if CYL comes back.

Let’s have it right, the team went 8 games without a goal earlier on this season, we’re not losing Harry Kane. Our over reliance on him has made us easier to play against. Time for a few to step up to the plate and prove their worth.

Really don’t get all these folk on suicide watch when Madine leaves. We are very one dimensional with him in the team, I really believe we have enough footballers at the club to work through teams if we have too, especially if CYL comes back.

Let’s have it right, the team went 8 games without a goal earlier on this season, we’re not losing Harry Kane. Our over reliance on him has made us easier to play against. Time for a few to step up to the plate and prove their worth.

Totally agree.

• Moderators

I get it

Without his goal and assists we'd be dead and buried

Ok, some one else might have done it but probably not Wilbraham

Selling him weakens us and now we're back in the bottom 3 the last thing we need is to take a step backwards

With an unknown replacement it's a worry

you could also argue that madines goals and assists have contributed to 13 of our 26 points so far

I think it’s a bad decision if we sell Madine, my reasoning is if we sign him to a new improved longer contract and let him see the season out here that gives us a better chance of staying up and if that happens we don’t lose the 5 million extra turnover and we can still sell him from a stronger bargaining position in the summer. I hope the Andersons see sense unlike some of the folk on here who seem to think selling your best player on transfer deadline day and 2 days before a massive game is a good idea.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

There are risks both ways, though.

If he breaks his leg, we’ve got his wages for 18 months and little prospect of a fee; if he opts not to sign a new deal, we go into the last year of his contract with even less bargaining power than we have now; a dip in form is hardly inconceivable, which would have a knock-on effect on value.

I think it’s a bad decision if we sell Madine, my reasoning is if we sign him to a new improved longer contract and let him see the season out here that gives us a better chance of staying up and if that happens we don’t lose the 5 million extra turnover and we can still sell him from a stronger bargaining position in the summer. I hope the Andersons see sense unlike some of the folk on here who seem to think selling your best player on transfer deadline day and 2 days before a massive game is a good idea.

Mounts i know you live in a happy dimension where this all happens however the reality of it is....he will get double the wage at cardiff so is unlikely to sign a new deal here and be stranded if they then pull out. he could not sign and then go on a free in 18 months time. 

Again he has played very well this season and we are still in the drop zone so really will it matter ? 

cash in and move on. 

this new dutch fella may be a world beater. 

There are risks both ways, though.

If he breaks his leg, we’ve got his wages for 18 months and little prospect of a fee; if he opts not to sign a new deal, we go into the last year of his contract with even less bargaining power than we have now; a dip in form is hardly inconceivable, which would have a knock-on effect on value.

but he won't dip in form and league 1 clubs are well known for holding bigger clubs to massive fees silly