Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

He usually puts emojis up quite a bit in advance of an official announcement. As he says they indicate a deal is done, but often he puts them there before a medical.

The best example being Stephen Darby last season. He indicated a done deal. Then nothing. Turns out one of his medical forms from Bradford had been lost and they needed to obtain it before the deal could be officially announced. Took weeks.

Having an emoji update is a new low for this forum ha

• Moderators

Some decent signings no excuses for bad start this season

it's about time we didn't have one in this league

think we had our 4 of our worst starts ever, in our last 4 seasons the championship, and for a couple of them optimism was way higher than it is now

• Site Supporter

Just had a quick reckon up of players released who played a reasonable part of last season compared to the ones who have come in. The incomings all look better than the released players which is a decent start. If we can get Robinson back for another season, get Wyke/similar, a centre half and keeper, we'll have done good business

Just had a quick reckon up of players released who played a reasonable part of last season compared to the ones who have come in. The incomings all look better than the released players which is a decent start. If we can get Robinson back for another season, get Wyke/similar, a centre half and keeper, we'll have done good business

Stolen this from Twitter but looking at who we let go/lost through returning to parent clubs, player for player I'd say we look stronger on paper;

Howard > Walker(?)

Dervite > Hobbs(?) 

Burke 

Robinson 

Henry 

Pratley > Lowe

Morais > Wildschutt

Wilbraham > Donaldson

Flanagan > Olkowski 

Clough > Oztumer

Karacan 

Madine > Wyke(?)

Derik > Wilson 

Still a few more needed yet though

Striker needed and if we can get Robinson back - think he will have certainly got a better team on paper than last season.

And at least we have quite a few new faces in before the season starts, rather than the usual excuse of taking 4-6 weeks to get up to speed.

Centre midfield looks weak to me. Need a more dynamic type in there. 

When I was 14 - I swapped the shirt Andy Walker wore for his comeback game v Arsenal for an eighth.

I swapped my vestax 12’10’s for a pair of reebok classics and half ounce of resin.

I could have been a super star DJ by now.

I swapped my vestax 12’10’s for a pair of reebok classics and half ounce of resin.

I could have been a super star DJ by now.

Lovely stuff :)

To be honest - if you didn't spend half your teenage years exchanging your valuables for drugs then you've never lived!