Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Just read that article in the Ben

Journos from around the league

Three quarters have us down

Has nobody told them who we have signed?

Only three quarters? Every prediction I've seen has us 23rd

I'm hopeful Rotherham, Birmingham, Qpr, Blackburn, Wigan and maybe Reading give us a chance

I'm hopeful Rotherham, Birmingham, Qpr, Blackburn, Wigan and maybe Reading give us a chance

I’m not saying they’re wrong but your local and even national sports journo knows the headlines only:

We only just stayed up

We’ve still got no investment

Players on strike

Etc etc

That gives them the basis for saying they think we’d go down.

However, we stayed up last year and arguably have a better, and/or more balanced squad now

I’d take 4th bottom now but if it gels and Parky has it right we could easily make mid-table

I think it’s still a huge unknown for us this seaso. and the start will be crucial

Who gives a fuck what Norwich’s version of Marc Iles thinks!

This will be the key to our survival.

The standard is high and last year there were 3 weaker teams-time will tell if this is the case this time around .

Hopefully the FFP and embargoes means there might be a few basket cases,eg QPR,Birmingham

Really?? Why then are we considered relegation certs by the bookies,Sky,bbc,talksport etc...

Sunderland were tipped by many for promotion and millwall relegation. Predicting this league is pointless.

I take very little out of the championship predictions

Sunderland were tipped by many for promotion and millwall relegation. Predicting this league is pointless.

I take very little out of the championship predictions

This. The wrong injury at a bad time can take a side from 7th to 3rd bottom in this league. It is so tight. Nobody can predict with any certainty how we will do as we've a completely new team. Suspect we'll have a tricky start as the players get to know each other and Parky works out the right shape and selection. After that, who knows?

We were practically down after a quarter of the season, then dreaming of scraping into a play off place after 3 quarters then fell away only to survive in the last 5 minutes  - a bit of consistency / form throughout the whole season would be nice

We were practically down after a quarter of the season, then dreaming of scraping into a play off place after 3 quarters then fell away only to survive in the last 5 minutes - a bit of consistency / form throughout the whole season would be nice

As much I loved the last game of the season I hope we are not relying on a similar thing happening this season.