Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Ameobi hit and miss? Compared to who in our recent past? But I agree on the others, I still have hopes for Noone but the others are a waste of time.

SA hit and miss, yes. Undoubtedly talented but inconsistent. That's why he's at Bolton and not Newcastle etc etc

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Ameobi hit and miss? Compared to who in our recent past? But I agree on the others, I still have hopes for Noone but the others are a waste of time.

For me Noone is the most disappointing. Nothing to his game beyond cutting inside and overhitting a cross. I had high hopes for him but I'd probably play Buckley ahead of him. 

19 hours ago, Traf said:

SA hit and miss, yes. Undoubtedly talented but inconsistent. That's why he's at Bolton and not Newcastle etc etc

I'm not saying he's a prem player, he's an above average championship player but is consistently our best attacker, game after game. Yes within each game he will do something that leaves us scratching our heads, but the rest of his play is a championship version of okocha. As a side note, if we are talking hit and miss, okocha held the prem record 1 season for number of shots without scoring, loads of wasted attacks ended with his wild 25 yard shots miles off target, I remember there was loads of frustration at the time.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm not saying he's a prem player, he's an above average championship player but is consistently our best attacker, game after game. Yes within each game he will do something that leaves us scratching our heads, but the rest of his play is a championship version of okocha. As a side note, if we are talking hit and miss, okocha held the prem record 1 season for number of shots without scoring, loads of wasted attacks ended with his wild 25 yard shots miles off target, I remember there was loads of frustration at the time.

Did he go a season without a goal or did I dream that?

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Certainly our best attacking option but not game after game as you put 

10 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Certainly our best attacking option but not game after game as you put 

I'm struggling to think of a game when 1 of our other attackers has outshone him except when he's been injured like QPR and WBA (sublime assist for 1st goal). He's not just the best winger going forward by a mile, he's the best defensively too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two of our youngsters have gone out on loan till January........Wood to Southport & Politic to Salford.

Very much in favour of this as even non-league is of a higher standard than the under 23's & as well as giving them experience, it might give us an idea about if they are going to make the step up. ( pity it's Salford though !! )

• 1 month later...
  • Members
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Only Grounds, O'Neill, Wildschutt to send back on loan/release now in January. I wouldn't be down hearted if Williams went back either

Grounds and Wildschutt contracted til end of season.  O'neil and dyer til January (and Doidge if we can't afford to pay for him)

Edited by burnden