Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Get him on a 5 year contract ASAP.

It's not as daft as it sounds

Obviously you can't make him sign

But you can persuade him to sign a long term deal on the understanding he can still leave in the summer, which is hopefully what we are doing

If he's any good the offers will still be there

If he's playing he's only going to get better 

so pay him a bit more per week in the meantime

(As I typed that last sentence I saw the massive flaw in my plan)

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Members
54 minutes ago, Biganddaft said:

I feel a bit sorry for Callum Connolly he has been ignored or called a Wigan reject by some people, I listened to his interview on the BWFC site and he seems keen and glad to be here, he is a young lad and if he puts a Bolton shirt on I will support the lad, good luck to him, just my opinion :roll:

Just watched that he isn't the sharpest tool in the box is he..... question "why did you want to come to bwfc?"  Answer "Because they are a club on the up " ](*,) 

1 hour ago, Biganddaft said:

I feel a bit sorry for Callum Connolly he has been ignored or called a Wigan reject by some people, I listened to his interview on the BWFC site and he seems keen and glad to be here, he is a young lad and if he puts a Bolton shirt on I will support the lad, good luck to him, just my opinion :roll:

Spot on, once he pulls on the white shirt he's one of ours. Get behind the lad ffs

19 hours ago, burnden said:

luca.JPG

£1m including incentives is actually fuck all.

It'd be about £200k up front.

We'd probably get more in training compensation, as he's under 23. Take when we signed Rob Hall...

ROBERT HALL

Robert Hall had signed a professional contract at West Ham aged 17, and made four first team league appearances for West Ham.  He also enjoyed successful loan spells, including in particular at Birmingham City and represented England at under 16 through to under 19 level.   Allowing his contract to expire, aged 20 he signed a three year contract at Bolton Wanderers.

The PFCC decided that Bolton should pay West Ham an initial compensation fee of £450,000.

Additionally, £250,000 will be due if Bolton are promoted to the Premier League in the next 3 seasons

£2,500 per appearance was ordered for the first 100 appearances (for Bolton) in the Championship, or  £10,000 per appearance for the first 100 appearances (for Bolton) if in the Premier League

20% of any profit made by Bolton Wanderers in selling the player to another club at any point in the future will be payable to West Ham.

23 hours ago, Traf said:

£1m including incentives is actually fuck all.

It'd be about £200k up front.

We'd probably get more in training compensation, as he's under 23. Take when we signed Rob Hall...

ROBERT HALL

Robert Hall had signed a professional contract at West Ham aged 17, and made four first team league appearances for West Ham.  He also enjoyed successful loan spells, including in particular at Birmingham City and represented England at under 16 through to under 19 level.   Allowing his contract to expire, aged 20 he signed a three year contract at Bolton Wanderers.

The PFCC decided that Bolton should pay West Ham an initial compensation fee of £450,000.

Additionally, £250,000 will be due if Bolton are promoted to the Premier League in the next 3 seasons

£2,500 per appearance was ordered for the first 100 appearances (for Bolton) in the Championship, or  £10,000 per appearance for the first 100 appearances (for Bolton) if in the Premier League

20% of any profit made by Bolton Wanderers in selling the player to another club at any point in the future will be payable to West Ham.

Are we still entitled to a training fee if he hasn't signed a professional contract? 

I presume we are which would at least mean he can't just walk away and us get nowt?