Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

i see parky is stating he wants to offer new contracts as finding replacements will be tough.

Maybe they should randomly pick 100 season ticket holders to agree or reject any player being offered a new contract. I'm fairly sure the average fan knows which players have performed and which should never pull on the white shirt again. Parky doesn't appear to know. The problem is, his choices could adversely affect ST sales massively.

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Maybe they should randomly pick 100 season ticket holders to agree or reject any player being offered a new contract. I'm fairly sure the average fan knows which players have performed and which should never pull on the white shirt again. Parky doesn't appear to know. The problem is, his choices could adversely affect ST sales massively.

Doesnt Parky get potted by the administrator today, alongside other staff??

Aren't players immune from not being paid? Therefore they aren't made redundant are they? The next question is when does someone fire parky? Administrators can't make that call so we are looking at mid June at the earliest before he can start to receive his 12 month's pay off and anyone can begin to look for a replacement.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Aren't players immune from not being paid? Therefore they aren't made redundant are they? The next question is when does someone fire parky? Administrators can't make that call so we are looking at mid June at the earliest before he can start to receive his 12 month's pay off and anyone can begin to look for a replacement.

No I don't think you are right there mate.

Administrators can terminate employment contracts with immediate effect, of the manager, players and any other employee of the club if he believes it is necessary to do so (they have completely different powers than what normally applies in solvent businesses).

Benny posted this link earlier on another thread that you may find useful -

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent/your-rights

On 14/05/2019 at 20:48, Steejay said:

Celtic & Chelsea interested in Darcy now, Connell on his way. It’s fucking heartbreaking seeing our future draining away...

Thing is if Darcy really does go to Chelsea, you've then got to ask yourself, why the fuck wasn't he anywhere near our team this year. Most Championship teams pay a fortune in loans for players from Chelsea u23 etc. 

14 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Thing is if Darcy really does go to Chelsea, you've then got to ask yourself, why the fuck wasn't he anywhere near our team this year. Most Championship teams pay a fortune in loans for players from Chelsea u23 etc. 

Because Jamie Thomas

5 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

He went to Burnley... Whole different kettle of fish. 

We'll have to see won't we. I'd never even heard of the lad till about a week ago. 

So much can change at that age - he's probably nowhere near ready for first team football. Last close season we had Jake Turner about to make a big money move to Man U and take England by storm. 

Edited by kent_white
Jake Turner not Jane Turner :-)

Yeh I get that, tbf with jake I think he's had a big injury. 

Looks like we're losing duke, navarro, Darcy, Connell atm all to teams in the championship or Premier league. All of which will probably be loaned back to the teams we'll be competing against in L1. What a shit show. 

Our next manager is as equally important as our next owner - stick with Parkinson and the club will decline even further, a decent man but a piss poor manager, I would suspect that 90% of BWFC fans have had enough of him & his shite football.

We need something different to get the fans back onboard - it makes absolutely no sense for a new owner to retain Parkinson, for a new owner to get the fans on side it needs a new manager who's mindset & philosophy is to play football.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jeebster said:

I would suspect that 90% of BWFC fans have had enough of him & his shite football.

That would mean we only had 20 fans

You know who you are, you two

Not sure where to put this; chatting to a pro today; free agent on champ manager link...

some weight in BSA rumours, and he’d be very interested in joining... if/when everything is sorted.

just need to keep him away from penalties if he signs!