Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

17 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

What was the alternative to admin then?

Oh there wasn't an alternative. Don't get me wrong. But they made out like it was all sunshine and roses once in admin - which very clearly it isn't. Delaying going in was wrong in hindsight - but a solvent sale would have saved us from years of pain....

• Site Supporter

What was Parky doing, talking to administrators about the kids?

Or is this bollocks.

Obviously makes sense on the face of it that offers can't be made; but presumably he's told the accountants who he'd like offers to be made to eventually, even if it's just in the form of an unofficial "stick with us for the time being and we'll sort it" to the youngsters.

Just now, kent_white said:

Lovely stuff. Not sure how we've managed it in admin but heartening nonetheless!

Obviously seen by the administrators as a low-cost investment that should bear fruit one way or another.

• Site Supporter

Bloody hell - good news at last! :good:

Latest scares are about Brockbank so let's hope we can keep him too.

These guys are our future, one way or another - whether they do it on the pitch or we sell them for decent fees.

Let's hope they do it on the pitch when we sell out away in our first game.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah - I was just under the assumption that it would be a firesale with any asset up for immediate grabs.

Be a bit like Asda's "Whoops!" aisle.

57 minutes ago, Traf said:

Obviously seen by the administrators as a low-cost investment that should bear fruit one way or another.

Not sure - we had options to extend them on scholarship contracts - which may have been triggered automatically. I think a lot more is potentially being read into this than it means. Its good news on the face of it - but Connell on a scholarship contract does not strike me as being secured down for the long term - I'd have thought he'd command a pro contract elsewhere. Hopefully though, it is a sign though that things are moving in the right direction. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

Another member of the chicken run, expect there will be more.  Hopefully some will ask themselves what kind of lasting legacy they could be part of at the club by being part of the team that turned things around.  Players holding their nerve could be rewarded much more than a mid table finish with Peterborough could ever offer, the rest can fuck themselves.