Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Really won me over did Beevers, would have actually kept him over any other defender and thought he improved over his time with us.

And then he refused to play so as outlined above he can fuck off.

Cheers, Stevie Wonder

Beevers is a great signing for Posh, and if his previous League One campaign is anything to go by, will be a contender for the best centre half in the division.

As we know, he’s simply a defender as opposed to a footballer. That’s all we needed from him last time we were down here. His goals tally came in handy too.

I actually thought he was better in his final season in the Championship than 17/18. He didn’t stand out as being particularly shocking to me last season, although that’s perhaps the case as there were so many other contenders, whereas he often looked a weak link the season before.

I seem to recall him being the worst player on the pitch at Burton, and that’s some going.

I wish no ill on him and I’m disappointed not to have kept him.

Question is when he punted in long in the general direction of a player.

Was he deciding to do that.

or was he being coached and told to do that.

saying that. If he was being told to do that and it wasn’t working after the 8th time he should have told the manager to do one

He looked really composed in L1 mainly because most teams would only play a single striker (especially at Macron). This gave him and Wheater loads of time on the ball and also both had cover if they made a mistake.

He looked totally out of his depth in championship though, quicker opposition, less time on ball. At times he looked absolutely frightened to death whenever he was anywhere near the ball. Most mistakes would be punished, leaving him with little confidence as season went on.

Decent player at L1 standard but certainly not good enough for championship.

Oh and that 'hamstring' in 1st few minutes at Blackburn......fuck off mate!

10 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Fair enough but Beevers is proven at L1 and will be a loss to us IMO.

He's two years older, slower and hasn't had a good game in that entire time. We shouldn't lose any sleep

9 hours ago, anthonyj said:

He looked really composed in L1 mainly because most teams would only play a single striker (especially at Macron). This gave him and Wheater loads of time on the ball and also both had cover if they made a mistake.

He looked totally out of his depth in championship though, quicker opposition, less time on ball. At times he looked absolutely frightened to death whenever he was anywhere near the ball. Most mistakes would be punished, leaving him with little confidence as season went on.

Decent player at L1 standard but certainly not good enough for championship.

Oh and that 'hamstring' in 1st few minutes at Blackburn......fuck off mate!

Agree on the hamstring. 

Don’t agree with the beever bashers. Always gave 100% didn’t he? 

Except when he was on strike :)

seemed a nice lad with a lovely family.

out of his depth in championship but great in L1, now found his level n good luck to him. Nowt wrong with that. We took a chance but it didn’t work out.

those punted agricultural diagonal balls are coached, can be very effective in lower leagues but doesn’t look good in championship when it doesn’t work.

think our paths will cross again