Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

I reckon more will land in L2 than L1. They were fuckin abysmal. If I was a L1 manager, I wouldn’t want Buckley, Donaldson, Wilson, Taylor, Grounds, Dyer. I’m sure there will be a couple of others I’ve forgotten about already. Soft arses

Underrated in the scoring department for me. Some of his goals, our strikers aren't capable of. Those at Southend, Bristol City, Millwall, if ALF had scored them we'd be raving. Passing let him down but no problem with him defensively, don't remember anyone running rings round him unlike for e.g. Taylor. No chance of replacing him on a free, big loss.

Wish him well. Always put a shift in for us and think he’d of been a big asset this season. Saying all that I’d not try and keep anyone who wants out with the shite gone on at our club the last couple of years

On 24/05/2019 at 21:50, Biggish Dave said:

Peterborough are a funny sort of team. Seem to push the boat out every few years, gain the odd promotion then realise they are shit, bills need paying and sell everyone again.

Decent piss up though

Seem to sign a striker from nowhere, sell him on and plug the deficit form two years at a time. Almost like it's a plan? 

See Tomlin, Lee; Assomobalonga Britt; and Marriott,Jack. 

Almost like a poor man's Burnley see Austin Charlie,  Ings, Danny, Gray, Andre. 

In contrast to ourselves  who haven't spent a decent fee (in realtion to turnover) since Anelka and we certainly haven't gambled on a striker on his way up. 

Wheater can get to fuck for me, he was obviously the driving force behind the players strike.

All he had to do was say "Hands up who wants to play against Brentford?" we could have played the fixture with kids + whoever else who was willing to play and not be facing another points reduction for failing to play a game.

It's such a shame, cos he's been a good player for us, but he can fuck right off - cunt.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Wheater can get to fuck for me, he was obviously the driving force behind the players strike.

All they had to do was say "Hands up who wants to play against Brentford?" we could have played the fixture with kids + whoever else who was willing to play and not be facing another points reduction for failing to play a game.

It's such a shame, cos he's been a good player for us, but he can fuck right off - cunt.

4920340.jpg

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

In contrast to ourselves  who haven't spent a decent fee (in realtion to turnover) since Anelka and we certainly haven't gambled on a striker on his way up. 

Sordell was supposed to be on the way up. And N'gog got starts!

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

All he had to do was say "Hands up who wants to play against Brentford?" we could have played the fixture with kids + whoever else who was willing to play and not be facing another points reduction for failing to play a game.

There are about 2000 first team players in the 4 divisions. 1950 got paid on time. About 50 didn't. Bury and Macc couldn't strike as they needed every point and promotion/ stay up bonus going. Our players had no such incentive. As with any strike, do you support your work mates or cross the picket line? The other 1950 players may love to strike, may be mercaneries with no respect for their clubs. We don't know, nobody has failed to pay them for several months or asked them about striking. But it's best not to sign any of the other 1950 for next year, what if the ungrateful, lazy sods turn out to be another Wheater, Beevers, Connell or Ameobi? Where would that leave us?

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There are about 2000 first team players in the 4 divisions. 1950 got paid on time. About 50 didn't. Bury and Macc couldn't strike as they needed every point and promotion/ stay up bonus going. Our players had no such incentive. As with any strike, do you support your work mates or cross the picket line? The other 1950 players may love to strike, may be mercaneries with no respect for their clubs. We don't know, nobody has failed to pay them for several months or asked them about striking. But it's best not to sign any of the other 1950 for next year, what if the ungrateful, lazy sods turn out to be another Wheater, Beevers, Connell or Ameobi? Where would that leave us?

Those players went on strike to make a point. In doing so they risked more punishment for the club next season. Knowing full well that most wouldn’t be here. Not getting paid was bad and all. But let’s be honest they won’t give a shiny shite what mess we are in as a result. Solidarity with fans and staff? No chance. 

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Seem to sign a striker from nowhere, sell him on and plug the deficit form two years at a time. Almost like it's a plan? 

See Tomlin, Lee; Assomobalonga Britt; and Marriott,Jack. 

Almost like a poor man's Burnley see Austin Charlie,  Ings, Danny, Gray, Andre. 

I've always been fascinated by how Posh have consistently signed strikers that should be playing at a higher level whilst we have consistently signed strikers that aren't fit to pull on a white shirt.  Add George Boyd, Craig Mackail Smith, Marcus Maddison 35 goals from midfield and countless assists, Aaron McLean, Conor Washington, Dwight Gayle. Yes we've had ALF (not picked though) but every other striker in the last 10 years bar Juke have been not just worse than a Div 1 team but far, far worse. Is it so hard to find these players, do we even try or are we so obsessed with holding midfielders? 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

Those players went on strike to make a point. In doing so they risked more punishment for the club next season. Knowing full well that most wouldn’t be here. Not getting paid was bad and all. But let’s be honest they won’t give a shiny shite what mess we are in as a result. Solidarity with fans and staff? No chance. 

But the point is, all 2000 players are probably of the same mind, they don't give a stuff. So who do we allow the privilege of playing for us?

12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've always been fascinated by how Posh have consistently signed strikers that should be playing at a higher level whilst we have consistently signed strikers that aren't fit to pull on a white shirt.  Add George Boyd, Craig Mackail Smith, Marcus Maddison 35 goals from midfield and countless assists, Aaron McLean, Conor Washington, Dwight Gayle. Yes we've had ALF (not picked though) but every other striker in the last 10 years bar Juke have been not just worse than a Div 1 team but far, far worse. Is it so hard to find these players, do we even try or are we so obsessed with holding midfielders? 

Peterborough appear to have a good scouting and recruitment network that is able to consistently find gems from the lower leagues. We, on the other hand haven’t had decent recruitment since the days of BSA (bar a few decent signings by Megson)

It’s something that I hope new owners put in place, don’t think I can stand many more signings of washed-up journeymen. 

17 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

A team full of Gary O'neills wouldn't have gone down. 

A good signing yes, but for every Gary O'Neil there's a Marc Wilson, a Will Buckley a Lloyd Dyer and a Clayton Donaldson

Lets slag off the only player willing to run through a brick wall for the club. Rightly or wrongly only one i felt any connection with in this sorry bunch due to his seeming passion for the club since our Prem days as well. I say seeming coz i dont know him but he certainly looked like he cared and was leading by example.

As for the strike not blaming anyone other than Anderson for that. Good luck Wheater from me nowt against him at all

26 minutes ago, snowball said:

Lets slag off the only player willing to run through a brick wall for the club. Rightly or wrongly only one i felt any connection with in this sorry bunch due to his seeming passion for the club since our Prem days as well. I say seeming coz i dont know him but he certainly looked like he cared and was leading by example.

As for the strike not blaming anyone other than Anderson for that. Good luck Wheater from me nowt against him at all

Agreed pal. 

7 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

A team full of Gary O'neills wouldn't have gone down. 

I agree with the sentiment, O'Neill was class and I'd have him back tomorrow, but we wouldn't have scored enough goals to stay up. Because we don't try to sign strikers who want to score and if we get one by mistake we don't play him. I would settle for just having a manager that wants a striker, actually finding one can wait.

57 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Looks like the Pole has found another club.

http://b-ac.es/a23ad

Aye started like a guddon but was ragged at the end maybe trying to hard at the top of the pitch & not enough at the back.Still not the worst we had.

If either Buckley or Noone could cross a ball maybe his life might have been easier.