Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Alnwick too, he wont be going anywhere especially as you forecast Matthews will be gone so that leaves Alnwick as No.1 for the foreseeable.  Some harsh comments about him above, he's a great pro and has been quoted as saying he's no intention of going anywhere and wants to help the club rebuild.  If he's the type of player we want to get shut of God knows who better we're gonna get in our position.

You may have misunderstood my post, I don't want to get rid of Alnwick, Mathews or Beevers, Oztumer, Mcgennis and Little for that matter.  However, I'm prepared that our limbo situation will lead to losing most of them.

4 hours ago, Traf said:

I'd take Noone all day ahead of Buckley. At least Noone made some kind of effort.

I've got very different views to you on Alnwick but totally agree on Noone ahead of Buckley.  Not having to discuss Buckley again, that's 1 improvement on the last 2 years already.

My opinions on Alnwick changed when he explained his absence from matchday squads.

His refusal to get involved meant our goalkeeper coach had to sit on the bench. That's not the kind of player we want to help the club rebuild.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Traf said:

My opinions on Alnwick changed when he explained his absence from matchday squads.

His refusal to get involved meant our goalkeeper coach had to sit on the bench. That's not the kind of player we want to help the club rebuild.

Unfortunately, we might not be in a position to do much about it.

If he goes we've still got to get someone else in. Obviously we don't know how much money will be available, but to get a replacement of decent quality, with clubs knowing we're a bit desperate, it won't be dirt cheap.

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

You may have misunderstood my post, I don't want to get rid of Alnwick, Mathews or Beevers, Oztumer, Mcgennis and Little for that matter.  However, I'm prepared that our limbo situation will lead to losing most of them.

I understood what you meant, I agree we will lose most of the contracted players, ie the one's that possibly have a value, so we will be left with the one's that nobody would dream of paying a transfer fee for - Alnwick, Lowe, Murphy.  That's no disrespect to them, but the others (Matthews, Oz, McGennis) can attract a fee so if other teams get them on a free its a good investment for them.  We have to plan without them.

46 minutes ago, Traf said:

I get that, but I don't think a player who wasn't prepared to try to help us stay up should be given the opportunity to help us rebuild.

I respect your opinion on that, no problem mine is just a bit different.  For one, we'd be cutting off our nose to spite our face and 2, a point I've raised on here on another thread, is that we dont know if a player is a potential downer of tools unless they are put in that position.  I dont even know if I have a 'strike' in me, so how are we supposed to read that in someone else?  For all their playing faults, I tend to agree with Ameobi when he says the squad is the best set of blokes he's played with, no egos or trouble makers.  I am in the camp that feels sorry for them because they are arguably in the 0.01% or whatever of footballers that have ever been asked in the last 100 years, in their entire careers, to play without being paid.  And all they get from a load of Bolton fans is abuse!  Without asking if the other 99.99% of players would have turned up in the same situation, especially when the bloke not paying them is someone like KA.

11 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Is it certain that Alnwick "downed tools" as opposed to wanting the time to recover from his injury properly? 

I heard an interview with him saying that the since Christmas, he'd not felt able to play because of everything going on behind the scenes.He felt unable to commit not knowing if they'd get paid on time since January.

42 minutes ago, Traf said:

I heard an interview with him saying that the since Christmas, he'd not felt able to play because of everything going on behind the scenes.He felt unable to commit not knowing if they'd get paid on time since January.

What a prick

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Traf said:

Cuntish that. Can you remember where or with whom the interview was?

Would like to here it.

8 hours ago, Traf said:

Alnwick can fuck off too.

His absence from the matchday squad for the last few months because he "didn't feel up to playing" is a disgrace.

Aye. 

To be honest there ain’t a single one that has gone that has raised more than a completely not arsed shrug of the shoulders. 

Fuck em all off if needs be. 

24 minutes ago, Traf said:

It was a few weeks back when every player seemed to have something to say. Might have been on Tower or Bolton FM, but I can't remember, sorry.

Iles might have written about it too.

A week ago -

Speaking to The Bolton News, the 32-year-old admitted the situation forced him to withdraw from first team football.

“When you go around Bolton people say you must be desperate to jump ship and leave – but I’m absolutely not. I love the place, and I’m not alone.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17689985.boltons-ben-alnwick-reveals-personal-torment-amid-pay-issues/?ref=mr&lp=2

Today -

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

A week ago -

Speaking to The Bolton News, the 32-year-old admitted the situation forced him to withdraw from first team football.

“When you go around Bolton people say you must be desperate to jump ship and leave – but I’m absolutely not. I love the place, and I’m not alone.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17689985.boltons-ben-alnwick-reveals-personal-torment-amid-pay-issues/?ref=mr&lp=2

Today -

It was quite a bit longer than a week ago.

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Aye loves playing his football here once he's checked his bank balance... I'm with Traf here, we're going to need stronger characters than him next season. 

I hate players that want to be paid, they should be happy to play for nothing and enjoy banter with all the unpaid staff.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I hate players that want to be paid, they should be happy to play for nothing and enjoy banter with all the unpaid staff.

Thing is he was always going to be paid - all the players were - they are football creditors - the first in line.

If they feel so bad about the unpaid staff then when they all eventually get their pay why don't they all donate say two weeks of it, add it all together and give it to staff who don't have their unpaid wages guaranteed and may well lose 75% of what they are owed as unsecured creditors.

Wouldn't that be a far better and more tangible way of showing unity with those less fortunate than themselves instead of the strike that's going to penalise everybody left behind at the club and those that follow the team - and achieved sweet Fanny Adams in any event.

Would it have been so hard just to grit their teeth and go through the motions for just one more match - they'd hardly broken sweat in the other 45 games they played had they? 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm pleased for you, amazing how players at other clubs in the same situation managed to keep going though. Whilst I feel they were shabbily treated our lot reacted with a lot less resolve. 

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, any new signings need to assure us they will give 100% and be fully focused when not paid for months, otherwise, they can fuck off

Haha. A line needs to be drawn from last season with the players. Anyone who says they’d of cracked on regardless might be fibbing to themselves. Not being paid was a shit nightmare. I just hope it hasn’t done longer damage and puts future signings off.

8 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I'm pleased for you, amazing how players at other clubs in the same situation managed to keep going though. Whilst I feel they were shabbily treated our lot reacted with a lot less resolve. 

I’d perhaps suggest our issues had gone on a lot longer than other said clubs. Happy to hold my hands up if wrong!