Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’d perhaps suggest our issues had gone on a lot longer than other said clubs. Happy to hold my hands up if wrong!

You may be right, either way a clear out from top to bottom is for the best. No chance of re-engaging with the fans otherwise. 

Just now, Sluffy said:

Thing is he was always going to be paid - all the players were - they are football creditors - the first in line.

If they feel so bad about the unpaid staff then when they all eventually get their pay why don't they all donate say two weeks of it, add it all together and give it to staff who don't have their unpaid wages guaranteed and may well lose 75% of what they are owed as unsecured creditors.

Wouldn't that be a far better and more tangible way of showing unity with those less fortunate than themselves instead of the strike that's going to penalise everybody left behind at the club and those that follow the team - and achieved sweet Fanny Adams in any event.

Would it have been so hard just to grit their teeth and go through the motions for just one more match - they'd hardly broken sweat in the other 45 games they played had they? 

We're in mid June and there's no immediate prospect of them being paid. It's been going on since last summer at the very least. I respect your opinion but I disagree totally. The likes of a non playing reserve for huddersfield probably got paid £30k a week every week. Our players on £5k a week at best received nothing. And do you honestly think the players are going to walk into the ticket office and say, don't worry about your mortgage for a few months, i'll send you a couple of grand in August. And yes, in my opinion they did grit their teeth and get on with it, month after month, that's why there was no strike until April. Not broke sweat? You think this squad was good enough to get that many points without trying as well as without getting paid? With Parky picking the team?

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We're in mid June and there's no immediate prospect of them being paid. It's been going on since last summer at the very least. I respect your opinion but I disagree totally. The likes of a non playing reserve for huddersfield probably got paid £30k a week every week. Our players on £5k a week at best received nothing. And do you honestly think the players are going to walk into the ticket office and say, don't worry about your mortgage for a few months, i'll send you a couple of grand in August. And yes, in my opinion they did grit their teeth and get on with it, month after month, that's why there was no strike until April. Not broke sweat? You think this squad was good enough to get that many points without trying as well as without getting paid? With Parky picking the team?

They will have to be paid in order for the club to exit Administration - so if we do announce a buyer on Friday then the players should be paid in full within a few weeks.

Players arrears of payment are from the month of Feb or March to present (certainly not since last summer?), I think the admin staff arrears are from March until Administration - they are being paid in full now since then.  Are you thinking they are not?  I read it as you do??

The monthly wage bill as been reported to be £600k per month, I'm guessing that the break down is roughly £450k players/managers/coaches, £150k admin staff of which the majority are part time and/or match day.

A rough calculation would be that the admin staff may lose 75% of their total wages (the other 25% being a minimum they will receive when the club exits Administration).

£150k x 2 months = £300k of which 75% is £225,000

One month of players wages is about £450k, so two weeks or half a month would be around £225,000.

Ok, I might have got the breakdown between the two not bob on but I don't think I'm a million miles out either.

My point is irrespective if the player is on £50k a week or £5k they donate just two weeks of their normal wage, then that would be more meaningful, more useful and more genuine gesture than not playing a game they WILL be paid for, to advertise a fact that EVERYBODY knew about anyway, which ultimately did not achieve a single thing other than a punishment to be levied on the clubs new owners and new players who had nothing to do with what went on!

The team was already relegated by the time of the Brentford match and so everyone knew there was nothing to play for.  To claim they went on strike in solidarity with the admin staff to highlight their plight sounds like a great big fib to me and more like an 'up yours Anderson' stance - without much if any thought or consequence to the inevitable sanctions that must fall on the club - a club that most of them and Anderson would have left before the penalty hits us.

It's done now, we can't turn back the clock and my suggestion that the players give up two weeks wages was more a challenge to them to back up their actions by putting their money where their mouths are.  If they really want to help their admin mates then donate a week or two wages to them to help pay a few of their bills that may well be in arrears with rather than ponce about like big fairies with their bottom lips sticking out saying they weren't playing out today with the boys from Brentford - empty gesture to me that.

Do you reckon they will think, just a second that's a great idea, I'll certainly lob in two weeks wages to help the hotel and ground staff out if they lose much of it through Administration?

Nah I don't either.

Edited by Sluffy
grammar errors

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Can't disagree with that but it's water under the bridge now, just looking forward to a new dawn.

We'll wake up one morning in a few weeks and to wonder what all the fuss was about!😁

• Site Supporter

He might not regret leaving his contract now but I can't see him getting a good contract elsewhere - he's had a stinker of a season. He'll be back on lower wages until he's proved himself again.

Chris Eagles springs to mind

13 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Utd sign a lad with 33 championship games under his belt for £15m

And it's rumoured that they might get our England goalie Jake Turner for free as incredibly he's not been given a professional contract by the club despite the club valuing him at £4 million. Jake's 20 now and for me would have been one of the first players to be given a contract in the current climate.

My lad was a keeper in the same academy group as Jake Turner for a bit along with Will Jaaskaleinan and a few others.

Turner (stretch as he was known) was head and shoulders above all the others and it was obvious he would go on to better things.

It will be uttter madness if we let him walk.

5 minutes ago, Newton White said:

My lad was a keeper in the same academy group as Jake Turner for a bit along with Will Jaaskaleinan and a few others.

Turner (stretch as he was known) was head and shoulders above all the others and it was obvious he would go on to better things.

It will be uttter madness if we let him walk.

if someone is offering him more he will go. i wouldst be moving heaven and earth for a 20 year old who has played a few non league games. 

1 minute ago, Big E said:

isn't that because they are out of contract as scholars and we haven't been allowed to sign them yet ? 

I hope that's the case because we've made a fair sized investment in academy players over the years and to lose them for nowt sucks.

4 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

New owners have to get a wriggle on. Apparently Celtic have opened talks with the administrators trying to sign Luca Connell despite his renewed contract.

Would the Administrators be able to buy ar sell anything that materially changes the assets once a sale has been agreed to new owners (as they would no longer be buying the same entity(s) that they had agreed on.

(Ie they may value Connell as 60% of the total value, and if he's then sold for peanuts, they would then have to walk away).

Which would lead me to believe that if its true that Celtic have opened talks, its with the approval of the projected owners.