Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Were they released because they weren’t good enough?

or are you linking it to the above and saying we are releasing £100k strikers?

The lads released because they were not seen as good enough. But I believe every lad could have walked away due to the issues, not certain on that.

This lad who went to City was the best player in the team, by a mile. The team was not bad, got some big scalps recently.

im just passing on what I know mate.

On 16/06/2019 at 17:05, anthonyj said:

Did'nt the cheeky fucker then score at Charlton last game if season? ....too little too late though.

Yes, put us 1 up. There were about 6 teams who could have gone down that day. After Moores scored Charlton scored 4 and down to Div 3 we went. Moores was nicknamed Shirley Temple because of his blonde curly hair.

10 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Yes, put us 1 up. There were about 6 teams who could have gone down that day. After Moores scored Charlton scored 4 and down to Div 3 we went. Moores was nicknamed Shirley Temple because of his blonde curly hair.

Was that not Jeff Chandler???

10 hours ago, Pablo said:

The lads released because they were not seen as good enough. But I believe every lad could have walked away due to the issues, not certain on that.

This lad who went to City was the best player in the team, by a mile. The team was not bad, got some big scalps recently.

im just passing on what I know mate.

My lad played in the same team as him at Bolton when he was an under 13.  I didn't think he was the most talented - just big and powerful.  Defo sorted our style, ball over the top, for him to chase - muscle defender off the ball and score.

Totally different to how City play and when I consider the forward City had, who was that age and also played 2 years up - they are chalk and cheese.  (he now plays for the under 18's - Charlie McNeil)

Decent deal for Bolton tho.

44 minutes ago, marple whites said:

My lad played in the same team as him at Bolton when he was an under 13.  I didn't think he was the most talented - just big and powerful.  Defo sorted our style, ball over the top, for him to chase - muscle defender off the ball and score.

Totally different to how City play and when I consider the forward City had, who was that age and also played 2 years up - they are chalk and cheese.  (he now plays for the under 18's - Charlie McNeil)

Decent deal for Bolton tho.

Yeah exactly how I see it mate.

My lad was on trial at Bolton for a few months at U13's and was up against him alot in training.....my lad is tiny, so you could see why big lads are fancied at the younger ages.....my lad had no chance.

Quite a few surprises with who from that age has been released too.

Edited by Pablo

21 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I've seen a lot of recruitment focused on big kids with plenty of academies. I have have also seen them turned over a lot. Admittedly, this is at a younger age so maybe it's more apparent post puberty

As much as I wish it was not the case, with my lad being small. It does make a difference.

Its the recovery side against my lad. He can go past anyone, but the massive lads will step accross him, and/or recover easier with 2 strides and take the ball. He has to be so agressive and physical to match up which more often than not results in a foul against him.

Smaller lad just need to be soo much clever and cute with positioning and movemnt, and that does not come natural to many, if any kids.

Passing is more important for him now, and we have tried to bring that side on.

17 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Can’t help thinking he’d be three times the player he was under a proper manager.

luxury perhaps. But sometimes you can accommodate a luxury player.

Parky was the first manager he performed under with something even approaching consistency in his career. And he thanked him for it too iirc in a couple of interviews. 

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Parky was the first manager he performed under with something even approaching consistency in his career. And he thanked him for it too iirc in a couple of interviews. 

Jesus Christ if you class what he delivered for us as ‘approaching consistency’ I’m worried about what you class as inconsistent 

19 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Jesus Christ if you class what he delivered for us as ‘approaching consistency’ I’m worried about what you class as inconsistent 

You can write off last season. But the two before it he was as consistent as he’s ever been. Hence why after his loan he wanted to come back.

41 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You can write off last season. But the two before it he was as consistent as he’s ever been. Hence why after his loan he wanted to come back.

The quality he has he should be battering league 1. I wouldn’t say he did that but he was decent 

he should be able to hold his own in the champ. 6 good games, 20 average and 20 irrelevant doesn’t strike me as consistency in a positive way 

him being our best hope in an attacking sense doesn’t say a lot for him it says how shit the rest were 

Edited by barrycowdrill

5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

The quality he has he should be battering league 1. I wouldn’t say he did that but he was decent 

he should be able to hold his own in the champ. 6 good games, 20 average and 20 irrelevant doesn’t strike me as consistency in a positive way 

him being our best hope in an attacking sense doesn’t say a lot for him it says how shit the rest were 

I'd say he held his own. And was always a threat. No player will do it every single game. His consistency is why he rocked up here in the first place, but Parky probably got the best out of him more than anyone else had managed. There is lots to criticise but his handling of Ameobi is not something I'd pick on. I'd say he and Madine were players Parky improved in his time here. Probably the only two, but still.....

He improved madine can’t argue that but that’s it.

my guess ameobis fitness has held him back from playing at a higher level, no you can’t expect a player to be on it all the time, however he was far to inconsistent and his goal return wasn’t the best from someone who could hit the ball 

At his best, Ameobi was premiership standard but he was so inconsistant & unreliable that in the end he wasn't even worth a place in a pisspoor championship team !!

I got to the point where even after he beat 2,3 or 4 men, i just expected him to pass to an opponent or slog it into the crowd & he rarely let me down.

I predict he'll have a few good games for Forest or wherever & the usual loons will bitch about him leaving, & then he'll fizzle out again.