Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

5 hours ago, HomerJay said:

I have no issue with players wanting to leave. but to play the system and our situation, is bang out of order imo.

We've been playing the system for years, with an owner choosing not to pay players who were unpopular.

We can't organise a friendly or sell a ticket and Celtic are in the Champions League. He doesn't owe the club anything.

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If he can’t just leave and we hold his contract can we put him on transfer list? 

Connell can make a make a formal request to the Football Disciplinaries Commission if all parties can’t come to an agreement on a mutual termination. 

From reading this link, it seems a lot may ride on whether we’ve ever offered a professional contract (which I doubt given he was only given an extension to his scholarship). 

2 hours ago, tomski said:

I think homer is being a bit too clever as it’s a fair question/point you make. 

He must of been being paid as I thought he could break his deal with us?

I hope so as he's probably one of if not our only salable asset player wise. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

We've been playing the system for years, with an owner choosing not to pay players who were unpopular.

We can't organise a friendly or sell a ticket and Celtic are in the Champions League. He doesn't owe the club anything.

i didnt say he did. i dont actually subscribe to the loyalty argument either.

but currently, he, his agent and celtic are trying to wriggle free of a contract.

if you want to leave, fine. but theres a very standard process to follow.

12 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

but currently, he, his agent and celtic are trying to wriggle free of a contract.

Personally I think there’s a bit of a difference between a scholarship deal and a pro contract. Maybe he should show a bit of loyalty to us but then again it’s pretty rare for a player to be taken on a third year scholarship rather than a pro deal or being released so, regardless of the circumstances, he might feel a little short changed. Particularly as several of his peers got pro deals before they had a sniff of being in the first team. 

1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

If they think there is a way of getting out of paying a fee of course they'd try it on. 

Even if they do pay a fee can we have a sell on clause put in? If so and they see potential you can see why they would try to on 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Scenes when 1,500 pissed up Bolton fans see him warming up at Spotland. 

“What you bringing him on for?” 

Aye, he was shite except for the last minute of his career with us 🤪

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

As above, vital goal at Hillsborough in similar circumstances. 

(That was the same season, wasn’t it? All merges in to one mass of shitness)

Yep, forgetting all his shittery, he came up with two moments of hysteria for us.

On 18/05/2019 at 23:24, Dr Faustus said:

Not sure where to put this; chatting to a pro today; free agent on champ manager link...

some weight in BSA rumours, and he’d be very interested in joining... if/when everything is sorted.

just need to keep him away from penalties if he signs!

Well this proved to be bollocks. He officially signs for Bristol City this weekend