Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

He's good for experience and on his day a very good defender at league one level but his injuries and inability to play every game mean he might be an expensive passenger for much of the time. What it does highlight though is that clubs are now bringing players in at a pace. And we will be left with slim pickings unless a real move is got on...

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's good for experience and on his day a very good defender at league one level but his injuries and inability to play every game mean he might be an expensive passenger for much of the time. What it does highlight though is that clubs are now bringing players in at a pace. And we will be left with slim pickings unless a real move is got on...

We deal with what we’ve got and if you don’t like it and are just gonna moan about it, you’ve always got the option to fuck off.  It is an optional pastime. 

4 hours ago, Blondi said:

I’d give him a lift but it’s a fucking arse of a drive. I’ll drop him off at Gretna and he can hitch hike from there, one Sweet Caroline at the time. 

Thank you for your service. Less so for being the strike leader. Now off you pop.  

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d give him a lift but it’s a fucking arse of a drive. I’ll drop him off at Gretna and he can hitch hike from there, one Sweet Caroline at the time. 

Thank you for your service. Less so for being the strike leader. Now off you pop.  

Can see him still being here next season.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

ive heard he wasn't at training yesterday

probably on the piss with vela

Could see them both being here actually.

Doesn't appear they've been overflowing with offers, and if our new owners get it done quickly now the cat's out of the bag, who knows they may quite like the look of the new set up.

That is of course if the new owners don't flip them the finger!

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Could see them both being here actually.

Doesn't appear they've been overflowing with offers, and if our new owners get it done quickly now the cat's out of the bag, who knows they may quite like the look of the new set up.

That is of course if the new owners don't flip them the finger!

I note Gary O Neil seems to be following developments - given he responds to club news on twitter...perhaps another waiting on a contract offer. And he was our best player last season too....

I personally think Wheater will jump at an offer if it arrives in time. Vela - not so sure on - think he wants away. 

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

For me, 
O'Neil, yes please
Vela & Wheater, thanks but no thanks. I'd only take them back if we were still desperately short come mid-August.

For league one as a player I think Vela is a good option. But he might have been here too long...

I also believe that as yet he hasn't found a role that suits him at championship level. Not good enough as a conventional midfield player - the game bypasses him. Yet when played in an attacking role off the front man his pressing is good but he lacks the quality to create and score goals at that level....

11 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Did he say he wanted to leave the club or wanted to leave the manager?

people need to stop trying to excuse them. he wanted to leave BWFC. fuck him and fuck wheater. we need a complete change. these players are part of the old culture and we need a completely fresh start. 

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Wheater would benefit from a move to the SPL, it would make his last few seasons easier for him dropping down in standard.

They are in the Europa League qualifying first round.

Against Connahs Quay Nomads.

9 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

They are in the Europa League qualifying first round.

Against Connahs Quay Nomads.

This made me laugh. Not because you knew it. But more of the Pre-Season vibe to the fixture. 

like when the 7th placed Premier League team has to go to northern ireland for their first game in europe since Adam were a lad. 

im gonna laugh when Wolves have to do it. 

doesnt make up for starting on minus 18 points or whatever in division 3 , but i'll laugh anyway. 

14 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I see Harry Charlsey has been released by Everton.

The one Parky the genius threw in at the deep end at Brentford away, poor kid has probably never recovered.

Signed on loan. Started immediately. Never seen again?