Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Wonder when the rumours will start flying.

Should be the most interesting 48 hours of football related news we’ve had in a while.

How many do we think we’ll get in? Got to be looking at 15, plus the 5 we’ve already got and then 4 or 5 of the kids to fill the rest of the places.

I’m expecting at least 1 crowd pleaser. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Clough back, Madine seems a bit too far fetched but would be great if we could pull it off.

Couple of former Dale that I could see us going for, not ITK in any way. 

Joe Bunney transfer listed at Northampton. Has played left back and centre forward for Dale and we need both.

Chris O Grady frozen out at Oldham - wouldn't have been surprised to see PP make a move for him would be even less surprised if KH did. 

Not expecting much out of what's left of the transfer window - there's not enough time for Hill to have a good look at any players he might want and we shouldn't be handing out contracts on a gamble. Presumably there are a few who've been lined up but not necessarily the ones Hill wants. Maybe he has some of his own in mind? Either way in our position I'd be thinking short term contracts and loanees if we can afford them and see how it goes - and then perhaps go again in January if we are in with a chance of survival or there are players to sign with a view to our future. Can't see us coughing up the kind of wages Clough and Madine are used to and not sure I'd want them back anyway. Hill needs to find a few gems from somewhere and with his history it will probably be the lower leagues.

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Should be the most interesting 48 hours of football related news we’ve had in a while.

How many do we think we’ll get in? Got to be looking at 15, plus the 5 we’ve already got and then 4 or 5 of the kids to fill the rest of the places.

I’m expecting at least 1 crowd pleaser. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Clough back, Madine seems a bit too far fetched but would be great if we could pull it off.

Limited to 12 signings according to Jimmy Phillips. Least that’s what’s on Twitter. 

28 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Not expecting much out of what's left of the transfer window - there's not enough time for Hill to have a good look at any players he might want and we shouldn't be handing out contracts on a gamble. Presumably there are a few who've been lined up but not necessarily the ones Hill wants. Maybe he has some of his own in mind? Either way in our position I'd be thinking short term contracts and loanees if we can afford them and see how it goes - and then perhaps go again in January if we are in with a chance of survival or there are players to sign with a view to our future. Can't see us coughing up the kind of wages Clough and Madine are used to and not sure I'd want them back anyway. Hill needs to find a few gems from somewhere and with his history it will probably be the lower leagues.

If Rochdale can afford Clough we can

41 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Chris O Grady frozen out at Oldham - wouldn't have been surprised to see PP make a move for him would be even less surprised if KH did. 

Was thinking this last night... released by Oldham I think.

23 minutes ago, Chrisj said:

If Rochdale can afford Clough we can

Dunno as I've no idea what budget we have or what Rochdale have. Whether or not we want Clough is another matter seeing we've already got a promising lightweight striker or two.

I just hope we don't make any panic buys that we'll regret later.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I can imagine the pitchside scarf picture on Monday being like a team photo.  Front row crouching down with a ball in the middle.