Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I'm intrigued by the reaction of Stoke fans to us loaning Verlinden, hopefully he's a good'un

Me too. Although because I don't know very much about him and because he's only played a handful of senior matches, I have him down as something of a wildcard for now. But in Hill and Flitcroft we trust.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

8 minutes ago, L/H White said:

do we reckon they'll be a behind closed doors friendly with the international break?

obviously none of these have played together so would be good to get them on the field, before the serious stuff kicks back off

We are not playing this weekend because of the international break, but because we were due to play Bury. Preston, Blackburn or Wigan could give us a game.

Edited by Mannyroader

2 hours ago, noxid said:

Once in a lifetime transfer deadline day for us. Let's leave any bitching and negativity in the past and just enjoy the day and welcome all the new players.

Maybe this will be repeated in January when they all return to their parent clubs!  This is the future, sign 9 players every deadline day and the fans will never get bored.  We're going to be doing all this again on 31st Jan at this rate.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Maybe this will be repeated in January when they all return to their parent clubs!  This is the future, sign 9 players every deadline day and the fans will never get bored.  We're going to be doing all this again on 31st Jan at this rate.

We can only sign loans window to window under EFL rules. For the non loan signings only Buckley is till Jan isn’t he? 

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Can’t see us surviving still it’s too much to ask but pleased with the signings we have made it will give us fans something to look forward to. Who would of thought 3 months ago would be making 9 signings in one day mental! 

We will survive, don’t get cocky with my reply, just watch 

6 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Like your optimism mate, few good results here & then it would start to get me believing in the miracle 

Plenty of fans stayed behind when we was losing against Reading at Wembley 2-0 down and facing a penalty.  Them supporters weren’t optomistic I can assure you, they were there for the ride watching their club. Anyone who tells you their favourite game was one we was favourites to win is a liar, we all live for that game we win that we shouldn’t, that is the buzz.   Bring the fuckers on, we’ve got munition now 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I am confident that we will stay up and we're going to kick a few arses along the way.

I cant look beyond just playing a game where we are competitive.  That would be fantastic. EFL will want to punish us as much as possible now that we've got a team, and in light of how they dealt with Bury and took criticism for being "lenient" with us.  So I'm happy to see some proper football this season then enjoy being on zero points from next summer, in whatever division.

Under normal circumstances, without points deductions and with a proper team, you would fancy us to finish 20 points or more above the bottom 3. Southend are played 6, lost 6, so maybe one less to worry about. This lot might take a while to gel, but with 3 points for a win you can move up the table sharpish. I think we have a better than fighting chance to stay up if we get some momentum going.

It's just like having our usual shit start, only we have a reason for it this time.

Nobody is tarnished by shit form

The kids have done the best we could ask for.

If it gets to the back end of the season and we finish staying up by a single point, we could look at the Coventry result with the as the point that did it.

I'd also really, really like to hand Trashmere a record beating at our place.

I'm just pleased we've signed some players even if they are a bunch of has-beens and rejects - we have a team to support. On paper they certainly look decent for a L2 team but whether or not they're good enough to claw their way back to survival in L1 is another story - we'll just have to wait and see. Not much class in what we've signed, and not much of a goal threat,  but what else could we expect? All we can hope for is that they do their best but more importantly, the fans don't misinterpret survival as an expectation of success beyond survival or it could kill the good atmosphere.

Hopefully we'll get some way down the road towards sorting out a competitive team in the next fortnight and maybe if the fans stay positive, we'll make a start on clawing back the points deficit within the month. I sure hope so anyway.

46 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Plenty of fans stayed behind when we was losing against Reading at Wembley 2-0 down and facing a penalty.  Them supporters weren’t optomistic I can assure you, they were there for the ride watching their club. Anyone who tells you their favourite game was one we was favourites to win is a liar, we all live for that game we win that we shouldn’t, that is the buzz.   Bring the fuckers on, we’ve got munition now 🙂 

My dad says that’s his favourite game as well, I’ll give you that. I just missed out being to young, i’ve been to every Wembley match since maybe I’m the fucking cursed one 😂 Once given any bit of hope with this club our fans are the best to thrive on it I know for that for sure!  Get a bit of seige mentality going who knows aye!