Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think we're more likely to see Edwards, Brockbank or Senior at centre-back than we are to see Zouma.

Agree, quite like Edwards, even though I've only seen him a couple of times, Brockbank is versatile, so might be worth persevering with, I'm not convinced about Zouma tbh, he does some great things, but he also looks like a car crash of a defender too, not seen enough of Senior to make a call yet.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Traf said:

Wasn't it Graham who blindly turned the ball inside in an earlier home game costing us a goal?

8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Yes it was.

Proper rookie mistake

It's all about learning from your fuck-ups. If he does it again tomorrow, he didn't learn yet. I'm sure it hadn't gone unnoticed by the coaching staff and I'm equally sure they'll have mentioned it during the week following.

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It's all about learning from your fuck-ups. If he does it again tomorrow, he didn't learn yet. I'm sure it hadn't gone unnoticed by the coaching staff and I'm equally sure they'll have mentioned it during the week following.

Well, he couldn't do it on Boxing Day, as he was unable to get within 20 yards of the bloody ball.

He looks poor, probably because he's not ready.

• Site Supporter

The problem is, Hill has obviously recognised that Graham isn't performing yet at this level otherwise he wouldn't have needed to get something out asking the supporters not to be too hasty with their criticism. He's not had to say that about Darcy and others.

Now, what if by half time, Graham is having a stinker so the manager replaces him. Will that be the right thing to do if Hill is just looking to boost Graham's feelings? Alternatively, he could be left on the pitch because Hill doesn't want to destroy him. You can bet that nothing will go unnoticed by Clough and Burton Albion. They won't be playing softly-softly, touchy- feely with him. They'll use his weaknesses in their favour.

I actually think Hill has fucked up, from a psychology point, in even feeling the need to put into print that we ought to be giving Graham an easy time.

Hill's being a bit of a cheeky cunt really, telling us whether we should voice an opinion or not.

He's already hauled players off after less than a half, he's publicly criticised players, he's the creating instability at the back by constantly tinkering with the defence and then nullifying our best player's influence.

Give and take, Keith. we've as much right to point things out as you have. You're a custodian, we'll be here when you've gone. 

Fully behind Hill, but there’s not a chance in hell Graham should be starting ahead of Weir.

I know he’s only 17, but if Weir had given the ball away in the same way Graham has when he’s played, more would’ve been made of it from KH.

I don’t think Weir is a superstar by any stretch, and I wasn’t there for the two cup games when he was subbed, but he can do a job from what I’ve seen. 

I think we are being a tad harsh on graham. I agree the other day he was bypassed when he came on but two things one which has been said:

-he’s 17

- they were already passing around us with experienced players in that position. I m guessing he s has very little experience coming on as a sub ( at any level ) and having to get to grips with the game . 

he has been ‘ok’ when he s started a few mistakes but ok in the main and not really off the pace like the other day

i would still however go with weir

either way people will get behind him if he plays 

3 points would make a good Christmas 

Edited by boltondirtbag

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, boltondirtbag said:

I think we are being a tad harsh on graham. I agree the other day he was bypassed when he came on but two things one which has been said:

-he’s 17

- they were already passing around us with experienced players in that position. I m guessing he s has very little experience coming on as a sub ( at any level ) and having to get to grips with the game . 

he has been ‘ok’ when he s started a few mistakes but ok in the main and not really off the pace like the other day

i would still however go with weir

either way people will get behind him if he plays 

3 points would make a good Christmas 

That just took a long time and a lot of writing to agree with everyone else