Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Would imagine if Barton called you a shithouse that your probably oreet

This. Maybe the lad had the balls to call Barton out for what he is.

Then again he could be a cunt.

Seems a bit odd though, if Keith is willing to let these go back and plump for new ones. Ok if the parent club has said no, but otherwise he's having to start again and build a back line.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I don't think KH as any faith in our defence hence letting them go.

Maybe, it's a risk though. Hope he doesn't come out with anything about them needing to get up to speed as they've not played much.

Fwiw, I reckon the biggest problem lies in front: insufficient protection, Bridcutt and lowe offer that and that's buggered now.

Is it just me that doesn’t think it’s a great idea Wheater coming back, it’s his speed and fitness I’m bothered about, it wasn’t the best two seasons ago.  I understand we need some muscle in defence and on attacking corners,  but from what I’ve seen this league is full of nippy players, I think he’d be left for dead constantly.   Saying that, with a £2k wage cap anyone will do,  I just hope Keith has a few favours to call in for loanee’s

18 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Yup was just going to say he's on a 1 year deal not a loan.

Good.  I didnt realise that, assumed he was on loan which all end in Jan.  If he's our player, and given that he's scoring goals, we could decide to sell him to the highest bidder this month!

18 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Without putting a dampner on it, Muhammadu Fall plays for 7th tier Enfield FC. 

Remember Kaine Woollery, fast as fuck from 5/6th Tier Tamworth. Although we were further up the leagues and didn't get many chances. Scored 1 or 2 but never really progressed.

Let's hope this lad has a bit more about him.

I'd be happy if he's as good as Woollery to be honest.  We sold him for about £200k, and he he's proven in Div 2 if nothing else.  

But in reality he could be as good as he wants but if we're playing 1 up front we'll never know until Hill trusts his strikers in their correct position instead of on the wing.

9 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Woolery could have been better for us, but he didn't get the games (I think ALF was number one) or the service. 

Had a few in L1 that could have been decent in the end, Keshi Anderson does alright for himself now. James Henry very good at that level too.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Is it just me that doesn’t think it’s a great idea Wheater coming back, it’s his speed and fitness I’m bothered about, it wasn’t the best two seasons ago.  I understand we need some muscle in defence and on attacking corners,  but from what I’ve seen this league is full of nippy players, I think he’d be left for dead constantly.   Saying that, with a £2k wage cap anyone will do,  I just hope Keith has a few favours to call in for loanee’s

I’m with you on this. For me, we need to try and get our own players in or bring on the odd 1 or 2 of ours in preparation for next season.

This Dunne chap, is he the giant centre half Fleetwood had against us? Don’t remember much about that fella other than he was massive.

With Bunney not far off fit and hopefully Chicksen staying on, the left side is fine. I’d like to see Edwards get an extended run, he looked quite good before injury.

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m with you on this. For me, we need to try and get our own players in or bring on the odd 1 or 2 of ours in preparation for next season.

This Dunne chap, is he the giant centre half Fleetwood had against us? Don’t remember much about that fella other than he was massive.

With Bunney not far off fit and hopefully Chicksen staying on, the left side is fine. I’d like to see Edwards get an extended run, he looked quite good before injury.

Oh bollocks, thought he was shite. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper