Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Eagles has gone as a footballer, poser and doesn't give a shit, wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Sounds like he's done shite at L2 Oldham, so he isn't going to tip up here and start performing.

I hope you are right surely Hill wouldn't sign him.

Rochdale fans on us getting 3 players in today:

Football cheats strike again. Build up millions in debt, wipe it off and start again as if nothing happened.  

Should have gone the same way as Bury.  

But don't let KH know I said that.” 

Makes me laugh these dick heads, spent millions on these 3 lads haven’t we

4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Football cheats strike again. Build up millions in debt, wipe it off and start again as if nothing happened.  

“Wipe it off” ffs

So many clubs supporters that never used to come onto my radar as arseholes are doing very well these days

7 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Makes me think we're on the way to having a new petty detractor of the Tranmere/Blackpool/Wigan/previously Bury variety on our hands here. 

1 hour ago, Okocha10 said:

Sounds like a bitter man who had a bit of difficulty in a taxi home this fella, until he paid in kind.

1 hour ago, Okocha10 said:

Might have our troubles admittedly but fuck me these dale lot put the tin in tin pot. Theres non league clubs more relevant than these jokers 

3 hours ago, Werder barmen said:

dont semi pro contracts work different,

to keep him they would have to offer him a pro deal to rival ours which im guessing they couldn't do

may not be true

Fair point, makes some sense.  It shows how far down the pyramid we are signing players if they dont even have contracts.  That's one way round one aspect of our transfer embargo.

Some mention on a Facebook group about Eagles could be coming back. 

I’ve no idea about the quality or potential of any of these signings but I am pleased that we’ve brought players in. I was expecting a month of fuck all and we will go with what we’ve got.  

34 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Some mention on a Facebook group about Eagles could be coming back. 

I’ve no idea about the quality or potential of any of these signings but I am pleased that we’ve brought players in. I was expecting a month of fuck all and we will go with what we’ve got.  

that will be Tomski trying to generate interest to get his man home!

Talking to a chap at work who's son has played football with George Thomason in various age groups. They were at Blackpool together (his son's been on the bench for most Blackpool games this season and trained with Politic over the summer -  DP was expecting to leave).  He's very surprised we've signed him, thought there were plenty better young players at Blackpool; he was a left back and must have recently changed to midfield.  Got no pace and doesn't get about the pitch much.  Of the 3 signings, this one sounds like one for the U23s, difficult to see him being near the first team this season given his background.

23 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Glen Whelan released by Hearts 35 yrs old but a proper grafter .......if Bridcut doesnt return ? 

Show some intent if we got him.

All the hearts fans I know say he’s being released to free up wages to bring in another 3 players so wouldn’t hold your breath. 

22 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

I took my lad spotland for the cup game v Newcastle at weekend, there was a good few chants about us throughout the game.

theres a rivalry building their end! Seems abit like us with Munich’s. 

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Talking to a chap at work who's son has played football with George Thomason in various age groups. They were at Blackpool together (his son's been on the bench for most Blackpool games this season and trained with Politic over the summer -  DP was expecting to leave).  He's very surprised we've signed him, thought there were plenty better young players at Blackpool; he was a left back and must have recently changed to midfield.  Got no pace and doesn't get about the pitch much.  Of the 3 signings, this one sounds like one for the U23s, difficult to see him being near the first team this season given his background.

I had a read of his brief comments upon joining on the club's website. He describes himself as box to box. Guess we'll find out eventually.

27 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

I took my lad spotland for the cup game v Newcastle at weekend, there was a good few chants about us throughout the game.

theres a rivalry building their end! Seems abit like us with Munich’s. 

weren't their big rivals Bury, so are looking for a replacement ?

Oldham would seem the obvious one.