Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

6 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Overall where we are etc think we have done ok with a view to next season .

Not too mithered about Bridcutt due to injury problems & CB delusions ( not his)

Mellis is decent , winger at least leftsided should give us some balance .

Defence will be a bit taller next year as well !! ( Bunney & Delaney) ....sounds like either a seventies folk combo or a shite all female tv detective series of similar decade.

Oh & ps get off Lowe's back does the shitty jobs just like Roy Greaves did & got nowt but bitching from the terraces.

Roy Greaves/Jason Lowe isn't a bad comparison to make. Greaves was a better player and chipped in with more goals. But they're a similar style. 

Hopefully the new players are looking to make a name for themselves to win contracts with us or others and that'll help us get some results between now and May. We're getting relegated to the pressure is off in that regard. Irrespective it's always enjoyable to chalk up results against the likes of the bindippers today and Blackpool later in the month.

• Site Supporter

I quite like Lowe. There, I’ve said it. I reckon he’s well worth his spot and would be very happy to have him as one of our experienced old heads next season.

The days of us signing ‘exciting, well known’ players is over for the next few years. If our next few permanent signings are good enough to arrest the slide and at least make us competitive, that will do for me.

Lets face it, until the embargo is over with, we are treading water. The tide will turn though, water finds its natural level. We’ll be back in at least the championship before the end of the decade

39 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I quite like Lowe. There, I’ve said it. I reckon he’s well worth his spot and would be very happy to have him as one of our experienced old heads next season.

The days of us signing ‘exciting, well known’ players is over for the next few years. If our next few permanent signings are good enough to arrest the slide and at least make us competitive, that will do for me.

Lets face it, until the embargo is over with, we are treading water. The tide will turn though, water finds its natural level. We’ll be back in at least the championship before the end of the decade

That's the crux of it - saw some dickhead on Twitter bemoaning how we "lost out" on Bridcutt to Lincoln and what a disgrace that is/was.

I'd wager they're a much more attractive option than us on many many different levels at the moment.

There’s always gotta be a scapegoat hasn’t there. Jesus 

but I suggest a guy who was one of the very few who stuck around, stayed professional. Kept his counsel, didn’t complain when he had the captaincy taken off him and given to a loan player and has actually been the most consistent performer we’ve had over the course of a very dismal season shouldn’t be it 

yes he’s limited at certain levels. But he’s actually quite decent at this one. Lowe isn’t the problem. It’s everyone else around him in the midfield 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Correct

people slating Lowe know jack about the game 

And probably the same people who think we should still be watching Okocha, Djorkaeff, Stelios, Hiero, Campo...

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

That's the crux of it - saw some dickhead on Twitter bemoaning how we "lost out" on Bridcutt to Lincoln and what a disgrace that is/was.

I'd wager they're a much more attractive option than us on many many different levels at the moment.

I would imagine the only "attractive option" that counts to modern day footballers/clubs is ££££££, and because of embargo that ruled us out

I think its too simplistic to say everyone gives 100%.  When Wheater stopped going up for corners for us, because running up and down the pitch was too much effort, was that giving 100%.  Daryl Murphy doesnt have to give 100% as long as he flicks a corner in with his head, he's still worth a place in the team.  Luke Murphy doesn't charge about the pitch very much, is he giving 100% or just playing a different game to Lowe and Darcy?  Dodoo's another one I'm not convinced breaks his neck for the cause.  Players like Kev Davies, Bridcutt, Lowe undoubtedly leave everything out there to use a common phrase.

52 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Is there a player you actually rate? Never seen you give anyone credit. 

Yeah loads, just not really that many in this group. Think Emmanuel can be alright, Darcy on occasion, Politic too and Daryl Murphy is/was obviously quality