Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

36 minutes ago, thegod11 said:

Insider knowledge on Callum Camps. He has already taken calls from Joey Barton for Fleetwood and Gary Neville for Salford. Arranged a meeting with Neville so far.

Very much in demand.

Callums best mates dad is a friend of mine. 

We should be out of the blocks for this one. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Fleetwood or Salford, fucking ambitious that.

Type of player we should be in for.

Not too bad an assessment of him.

Been quite happy being a big fish at Rochdale. Still has the same mates from school.

2 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Hill and Flitcroft should be able to sweet talk them  ... oh, hang on a minute.

Exactly, they would have been ours now, good experienced pro’s at this level

KH would be building a good squad by now, instead ‘Tobias’ (who he?) is fannying around looking for a ‘young Coach’, could be a while before we start stocking up

1 minute ago, Moon boy said:

KH would be building a good squad by now, instead ‘Tobias’ (who he?) is fannying around looking for a ‘young Coach’, could be a while before we start stocking up

Put the drink down 

Just now, Moon boy said:

Points to consider. If there is going to be a salary cap will it be enforced retrospectively? I doubt it can be. We all know there is no such thing as a free transfer. Will there be a cap on signing on fees?

Getting people in early could be crucial so we had better look sharp getting the new man in. He who hesitates ...

55 minutes ago, Morizio said:

He’s shit and better off watching the filth on the tele. 

You cock. 

Sorry I’m late with a reply but I’m hoping your mum lets you stay up late on a Friday, 

If you can’t say something sensible it’s best you don’t say anything at all

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Sorry I’m late with a reply but I’m hoping your mum lets you stay up late on a Friday, 

If you can’t say something sensible it’s best you don’t say anything at all

Hang on. If we're being sensible, then we should look at the evidence. Where Keith Hill is concerned, there's very little of it to support your belief in him, and plenty to say he could/should have gone before the season was out.

His rants we're creating some toxicity too.

59 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You are allowed you view on KH, and thats fine, fuck all wrong with that, but others regard his time at the club as a failure. 

He started with some really positive performances, results improved, then came Accy and he lost it, that's my view, he didnt recover, he didn't rally the players after that shambolic performance, his substitutions and game management were atrocious.

We may have gone down anyhow, but his rants post-match were a bit embarrassing and they probably contributed to him being released. I think most fans wanted the Hillcroft project to work, unfortunately he contributed to his own downfall. In the end the club and the job was to big for him. Imo

Bang on

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

You are allowed you view on KH, and thats fine, fuck all wrong with that, but others regard his time at the club as a failure. 

He started with some really positive performances, results improved, then came Accy and he lost it, that's my view, he didnt recover, he didn't rally the players after that shambolic performance, his substitutions and game management were atrocious.

We may have gone down anyhow, but his rants post-match were a bit embarrassing and they probably contributed to him being released. I think most fans wanted the Hillcroft project to work, unfortunately he contributed to his own downfall. In the end the club and the job was to big for him. Imo

in one.

Dubious red at Accy, moved our Player of the Year at that point to centre half and the decline started. 

That was the moment I thought "this isnt right".  Bridcutt at centre back.  Possibly the worst selection, given how good he was in midfield, I can recall watching Bolton since Phil Brown was centre forward.  And Campo left back.  But Bridcutt was the ultimate cock up.  I'm convinced we could have stopped up with the right team selections, not much wrong with Hill's signings, just everything else.

I love home-grown players and I was absolutely all in on Keith being our gaffer. I mean, being at the Bradford cup game when he was unveiled is probably in my top 500 moments as a Bolton fan. It was a great night and despite the result it will live long in the memory.

That said, the above post is bob on. He should've been sacked after that Accrington defeat. One of the most shameful moments in our history, along with signing Gary Madine.

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

You are allowed your view on KH, and thats fine, fuck all wrong with that, but others regard his time at the club as a failure. 

Correct, lost me after his post match at Rochdale away

We’ve cut him loads of slack, but fcuk me the fans “not on same page” shite, totally lost me

Accy away was an absolute disaster and should have gone at 5pm then

Feel like I’m pushing a piece of string.

Ok, you’re all correct, after all that has happened this season no manager could have saved us from relegation.

Realistically we were down before KH came, in a few days he brought in a load of outcasts/unwanted/unknown players who weren’t match fit and most of us had never heard off.

At Rotherham you could see the promise in some of the players and we started well, you could feel the optimism in the crowd but as the game went on the big problem that would surface in every game and eventually kill us was evident, fitness and organisation, things that within the time scale we had could not be rectified this season.

Leading up to the Accy game things were settling down, we were looking ok, we’d won three in a row and we were getting a bit giddy, KH was under a lot of pressure to win this game, I didn’t go but the sending off and the collapse obviously was a massive slap for fans and management.

Tempers boiled over and things were said and your right that left KH out on a limb but FV are not blameless in this situation. If the owners had been more experienced they would have circled the wagons and tried to keep the problems in house and steady the ship

When FV involved Kenyon they  undermined Hill and Flitcrofts power and they obviously knew they had no future here.

Kenyon had convinced FV to move in a different direction and KH was thrown under the bus, since lockdown we’ve heard nothing, no leadership, just little digs in the Bolton News from the poisoned dwarf, Iles, who’s influence is greater than it should be.

You can slag KH off for his rants, his dress sense or anything else but if he was on the current list of managers and coming in for the first time at this level he would be a favourite for the job.

He’s not my dad or my son but I don’t agree with the disrespect and shit on here about someone who did his best under the circumstances, at another time he could have been a very good appointment

• Site Supporter

Quite a lot of us on here, myself included, were very happy when we appointed Hill but he brought the majority of the problems on himself.

We all wanted him to succeed, we all knew he faced the impossible task. Most would have even given him a free hit had we seen some signs of making a fist of it.

If you exclude the point deduction, exclude the first 6 games and even exclude Hills first 6 games as the players were getting up to match fitness, the remainder was still a shit show. It simply didn’t work as anyone wanted. 

10 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Feel like I’m pushing a piece of string.

Ok, you’re all correct, after all that has happened this season no manager could have saved us from relegation.

Realistically we were down before KH came, in a few days he brought in a load of outcasts/unwanted/unknown players who weren’t match fit and most of us had never heard off.

At Rotherham you could see the promise in some of the players and we started well, you could feel the optimism in the crowd but as the game went on the big problem that would surface in every game and eventually kill us was evident, fitness and organisation, things that within the time scale we had could not be rectified this season.

Leading up to the Accy game things were settling down, we were looking ok, we’d won three in a row and we were getting a bit giddy, KH was under a lot of pressure to win this game, I didn’t go but the sending off and the collapse obviously was a massive slap for fans and management.

Tempers boiled over and things were said and your right that left KH out on a limb but FV are not blameless in this situation. If the owners had been more experienced they would have circled the wagons and tried to keep the problems in house and steady the ship

When FV involved Kenyon they  undermined Hill and Flitcrofts power and they obviously knew they had no future here.

Kenyon had convinced FV to move in a different direction and KH was thrown under the bus, since lockdown we’ve heard nothing, no leadership, just little digs in the Bolton News from the poisoned dwarf, Iles, who’s influence is greater than it should be.

You can slag KH off for his rants, his dress sense or anything else but if he was on the current list of managers and coming in for the first time at this level he would be a favourite for the job.

He’s not my dad or my son but I don’t agree with the disrespect and shit on here about someone who did his best under the circumstances, at another time he could have been a very good appointment

Suggesting that Marc Iles has any form of influence is absolutely ridiculous.

I doubt he even wears the trousers in his own home.

The fitness argument just doesnt stand up to scrutiny.  We were the better side in 3 home games that I can recall off the top of my head, early into his reign. Blackpool, Sunderland and Oxford.  Did they suddenly lose fitness again?

He started very well but just as his abrasive and nonsensical ramblings irritated us, I suspect it led to the players losing faith in him pretty quickly too

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I keep repeating myself but defensively I’ve seen nothing like it was literally schoolboy stuff at times. Yes you can only work with what you have but it’s basics regardless if players are thrown together or not

Similar a rochdale towards the end conceding goals for fun

There’s no short cut to defending, repeat, repeat and repeat again, Allardyce is the master of grooming defenders as was George Graham relentless repetition is needed, given Hills record at the end of his Rochdale career and his time with us I suspect he didn’t concentrate enough on defence. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper