Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I love how simple that makes it sound!  Like we've hit rock bottom and there's no way we can go lower.  

It’s called having faith in the owners of our football club. They’ve done nothing so far to remove that faith from me. so until that point they get all my backing. I expected to be in this position at this point in time and pretty sure they did as well. So I don’t think they will be sat scratching heads as to what to do I think they will have a clear plan and will execute it. 

So yeah it’s pretty simple thanks though 

26 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

That's good to hear👍

Agreed, even if it's small non footballing things that barely anyone will hear about, it's good to know the new (new-ish now?) owners are making an effort to build bridges with people connected to the club. I love um.

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It’s called having faith in the owners of our football club. They’ve done nothing so far to remove that faith from me. so until that point they get all my backing. I expected to be in this position at this point in time and pretty sure they did as well. So I don’t think they will be sat scratching heads as to what to do I think they will have a clear plan and will execute it. 

So yeah it’s pretty simple thanks though 

I share your faith.  I havent been happier with our owners for years.  But also well the reality is we've about 4 players that are Div 2 standard, so there's a mountain to climb just to be competitive.

• Site Supporter

I quite liked Hamilton bearing in mind he had a wanker in Luke Murphy alongside him. If he had a reasonable player alongside him, he’d be miles better. Personally, I think he’d be better in role Crawford plays. I doubt Crawford will stay so would give him a go

• Moderators

Id have no problem having hamilton back, but not as a right winger

Stand out on that united list is borthwick jackson

Seemed like he really found his feet back end of last season

That lads in for some hefty pay cut

8 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Matthews, Lowe & Crawford are the ones i'd definitely want to keep.

Hamilton showed at Rochdale that he could be a good player....i'd be happy to have him back to play under a competent manager but i'm not that bothered.

Everything about Evatt team selection revolves around a  ball playing keeper. If he came in I would expect him to either go back to Barrow for  there keeper or bring in a  Ball playing keeper as his first signing.