Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Playing total hoofball under Parkinson, and total fuck knows under Hill, what he said above, it's hard to judge any player on the shit we've had to endure over the last few years, we don't know how this mon will pan out, but listening to him I'm more excited than I have been in the last few years about the start of the season.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If we can afford Crawford, i expect we can afford Lowe, i would imagine thats down to the player himself, are other parties interested in him, can they afford him?

Id bet good money crawford has never earned over 3k a week

Hes not an expensive signing

Lowe will get better offers than 3k imo

Suppise it will depend whether hes happy playing for buttons and where he wants to live

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Definitely and he’s cover for right back. 

Hopefully not.  I'm hoping we never go down that road with Evatt.  Full back gets dropped or injured, "versatile" midfielder fills in for a game or 2.  Manager realises he's better than the regular right back.  Never gets back to having his normal influence on a game in midfield and a lesser player takes his place.  Happened with Lowe and Bridcutt last season.

I think Lowe's underrated, in terms of his tackling and speed at getting around to cover other players mistakes.  Every game, he makes great covering tackles and sets a great example.  He's well above Div 2 level, but so are Crawford and Darcy, so you never know.  We also need a captain in the place and at the moment we don't have any contenders, I can imagine Evatt will want someone of that ilk.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Tbf to Lowe, I'm not sure how easy it has ever been for him to find a forward pass as no fucker ever wanted the ball.

It's tough to tell just how shit our players have been for the last few years given there is no evidence that any coaching ever took place.

To an extent, I'd agree. Be interesting to see if IE sees him fitting into the set up, and if he can change his game accordingly.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think Lowe's underrated, in terms of his tackling and speed at getting around to cover other players mistakes.  Every game, he makes great covering tackles and sets a great example.  He's well above Div 2 level, but so are Crawford and Darcy, so you never know.  We also need a captain in the place and at the moment we don't have any contenders, I can imagine Evatt will want someone of that ilk.

When you watch a top team battling to get the ball back asap, it's apparent how readily attacking players seek to do this. A team ethos.

This seems to be very much IE approach.

Hopefully, the need for an out and out ball winner will be diminished to an extent.

Guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hopefully not.  I'm hoping we never go down that road with Evatt.  Full back gets dropped or injured, "versatile" midfielder fills in for a game or 2.  Manager realises he's better than the regular right back.  Never gets back to having his normal influence on a game in midfield and a lesser player takes his place.  Happened with Lowe and Bridcutt last season.

Agreed 100%

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

So we need a ball playing goalkeeper now?

Can I just remind everybody we're in the fucking 4th division.

just close the upper tiers so you can go forth and multiply.  Evatt got out of Non League playing that way and your point is?????

22 minutes ago, snowball said:

just close the upper tiers so you can go forth and multiply.  Evatt got out of Non League playing that way and your point is?????

No point whatsoever other than pissing you off you owd tit😀

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fair point tbh, just think it would keep squad running costs down plus he’s a decent right back. Think he will get offers in the 3rd tier anyway. 

Lowe had made plans to settle round here so think he would prefer us or somewhere local but the life of a pro is going where the work is I suppose.

This Barrowcelona thing, do any of our non league followers know if Evatt embraces it fully and plays that way every game ?

24 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Lowe had made plans to settle round here so think he would prefer us or somewhere local but the life of a pro is going where the work is I suppose.

This Barrowcelona thing, do any of our non league followers know if Evatt embraces it fully and plays that way every game ?

Heard him say that if teams  play  a high line to Stop is team passing out from the back then he tells is goalie to hit it long so prepared to mix it up 

• Site Supporter

Lowe can go for me unless he’s the ball playing goalie. I know he’s versatile.

Just get rid of the deadwood.

Crawford, Politic, Darcy, Doyle...

We’ll outscore everybody.

18 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Lowe can go for me unless he’s the ball playing goalie. I know he’s versatile.

Just get rid of the deadwood.

Crawford, Politic, Darcy, Doyle...

We’ll outscore everybody.

Faal could turn out to be a good one too, we live in hope.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

he lives in a very nice new house next to the training ground

I'm feeling very positive about it, already said I didn't see how FV could appoint anyone else really and because we're still on the wedding night I wouldn't normally want to temper that in any way but...

...look at the comments about Crawford's signing and we're a couple more decent additions away from being in the same situation PP ended up in in the L1 promotion season where in the view of some on here "he should piss the league with that squad" and so he was in a lose/lose situation for those lot

...Barrow have got promoted for being 4 points above Harrogate, in a normal season they would have still had to play Harrogate at Harrogate and they got dicked 3-0 at home at the start of the season so they haven't romped away with it due to them being by far and away the best team in the league

Evatt's got the chance to build something long term here with his own players and own style but it might not be an instant hit and we shouldn't expect it to be, ideal situation for me is him still here in 5 years with a core of players who buy in to what he is trying to do and with us getting results more weeks than not.