Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

13 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Would be buzzing with Doyle. He played alongside Evatt at Chesterfield, so happen that might work in our favour. 

Jason Lowe I really don’t get. Appreciate his loyalty, and his versatility could work in our favour, but he really is nothing special for me, and has been punching above his ability for the majority of his career.

I’ve never understood how he has forged a career playing in the top two divisions for most of his career. Always been a League One player at best. 

Great point that, its often about who you know that's half the battle, as long as they liked you!  At 32 its also going to be about length of contract, he'll want 2 years minimum.

13 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Would be buzzing with Doyle. He played alongside Evatt at Chesterfield, so happen that might work in our favour. 

Jason Lowe I really don’t get. Appreciate his loyalty, and his versatility could work in our favour, but he really is nothing special for me, and has been punching above his ability for the majority of his career.

I’ve never understood how he has forged a career playing in the top two divisions for most of his career. Always been a League One player at best. 

I'm not disputing that he's League One standard, but the "at best" bit is harsh. Always looked one of the better players on the pitch in our games last season, to me.   No problem with questioning how he was a regular in the championship, but he's not alone.  Danns, Trotter, Andrews, Chris Taylor, Andy Taylor, Buckley, Pratley, Vela, Madine, Luke Murphy and the biggest mystery of all, Wildschut.  I'm not disputing some of these have decent qualities, but its league one quality not championship for me.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Great point that, its often about who you know that's half the battle, as long as they liked you!  At 32 its also going to be about length of contract, he'll want 2 years minimum.

Can we offer more than 2 years? I was under the impression that was the most we can offer while under embargo.

Might be talking out my hole though

• Site Supporter

I believe between them, our owners are pretty wealthy people. I doubt they will throw their cash about any time soon but in order for them not to drain their resources at an alarming rate, they ain’t going to want to hang around L2 very long or I doubt L1 either.

i reckon they will spend where appropriate while continuing to run a tight ship elsewhere

20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Iles reporting that it’s nearly done and “Swindon can’t match the money on offer at Bolton”. Which is pretty startling really when you think we are under embargo and can still Pay more than A league one club 

Administration still seems a bit of a sham when BWFC can pay its creditors 20p in the pound and less than a year later use the money saved to outspend clubs that paid their bills

• Site Supporter
Just now, Roger_Dubuis said:

Administration still seems a bit of a sham when BWFC can pay its creditors 20p in the pound and less than a year later use the money saved to outspend clubs that paid their bills

Firstly, that's nowt to do with fv.

It was cunt who made administration inevitable.

They just came in and kept us in existence.

Secondly, we are under an embargo and have a wage cap.

If Swindon can't match us whilst within that then that's their problem, not ours.

Fwiw, I reckon the fact that he played alongside our manager previously will be a pull for him.

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

Get the feeling that the club must be expecting normal service (gates open and matches played) resumed sooner rather than later 

Unless they are signing contracts with smaller salary to start with until things get going again 

We are in a good position as we only use 40% of the ground. 

Be interesting what happens though as i would imagine there would be some big followings. 

If we start playing well and winning we could end up with "Sell outs" every week 

COYWM

12 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Stick to talking about what you know. DMB’s and Eccles. Otherwise fuck off 

28 minutes ago, Big E said:

If we start playing well and winning we could end up with "Sell outs" every week 

COYWM

This.

I've been thinking that if we start well and it's exciting, we could have a perfect set of conditions to get big crowds home and away.

Ten years of decline

Nearly going bust

Decent owners

New positive manager

Years of shit boring football

All on the back of months lockdown!!

Folk will be gagging for it.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bollox these owners have nothing to do with the past,  bar James and if it was not for him they may of only got 5p in the pound