Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Mayor has already been mentioned but if that itk twitter guy doesn't catch up with things and tell us he has been homesick from the start and after being roommates with Joe Riley and hearing how good a club we are he has always wanted to join us especially now Doyle is here then he's failing in his role.

Apologies for how many characters are in that one sentence.

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

He's a league two striker

Score loads next season, get promoted, sell to league two club aiming for promotion

He's better than league 2.  Doesnt mean he'd rip up Div 1, but he'd hold his own.  Like when we had ALF in Div 1 and he was better than that, he was championship level, not necessarily top 6 but still championship.  Doyle had a good scoring streak on loan at Oldham from PNE in Div 1, I remember thinking at the time we could have done worse than taking him on loan, instead of the likes of Donaldson and McGennis.

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I don’t care how many we lose as long as there are celebrations at the end of the season - and I don’t mean for staying up

Joking aside I feel as if relegation is officially off the agenda.  A month ago when we had 5 players, no manager, transfer embargo, no signs of having any cash, competing against teams with relatively settled squads and proven managers, I would have settled for just not being in a relegation fight.  No such worries now, we're going to attack the league.

3 hours ago, snowball said:

what a statement of intent from FV!

So far we have paid good money (fir us) to get in an imaginative exciting young manager to replace a guy who many doubted.

His first signing was to keep our best player from last year who most thought would be the first out the door.

second signing the divisions and champions of this leagues top scorer

third signing looking like it could be another of last seasons promoted teams player of the year

all the dross from last season shown the door and complete new start on and off the pitch.

fuckin buzzin. Well done FV 

Spot on. We're Bolton Wanderers and we're on our way back :yahoo:

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Joking aside I feel as if relegation is officially off the agenda.  A month ago when we had 5 players, no manager, transfer embargo, no signs of having any cash, competing against teams with relatively settled squads and proven managers, I would have settled for just not being in a relegation fight.  No such worries now, we're going to attack the league.

You mean what I said a few weeks ago then 👍🏼