Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, famouswanderer said:

Well I'm going to have a punt on the fact that Chris wilder knows what a decent striker looks like more than you.

Chris Wilder is a great manager, as is Neil Warnock.  But their judgement of Madine was flawed, put it this way they wouldn't sign him twice any more than Hull would sign McGennis again.  We saw him week in week out and know more about him.  Someone will sign Luke Murphy or Buckley like they signed Vela based on them having a bit of a name and reputation, we could tell them what they are really like at this stage of their career, irrespective of what they did a few years ago.

3 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Mate who is a lifelong Chester fan and season ticket holder reckons he's the best player he has seen at Chester in the last 20 years

Looks like he can shoot from distance.  I love to have that ability in the team, it doesnt always have to be a goal, just seeing a bit of quality shooting would make such a change - only really Ameobi in recent years.  Crawford, Politic and Darcy arent going to be shy at taking a pot shot either.  We are yet to sign someone in recent months who doesnt have a goal in them.

42 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Even that flattered us, Murphy got about half of those which was more than our play deserved, nobody could have faulted him if he'd only got 7 or 8.

Murphy played up front on his own. Saw Swindon once last season. They had a very attacking formation. A useful lad on the right wing and a striker ?Anderson breaking down the left. In fact Doyle didn't do much except score a goal. 

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

All this talk from the new incoming players and management of us being a massive club.

Are we going to be league 2s answer to citeh?

So long as it means we stay above the class of 92s Salford. Aye. 

I'd snap your hand off for that. 

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Interesting that Phil brown in the BN article today says that we paid a compensation fee to Swindon for Doyle? I thought he was out of contract so why would we? And we can’t pay fees can we??? 

he's  talking about the Evatt compo..