Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Rooney isn’t happening why would Stockport buy a player to loan out to us to get round something we agreed with a month back ? On the official statement he says he does not want to play at this level so knows is level is non league 

anyway the new lad looks great on the ball for a big lad good pedigree with England at. Youth level wonder if he played in midfield previously 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I read it as being sour grapes from the Barrow directors.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Rooney isn’t happening why would Stockport buy a player to loan out to us to get round something we agreed with a month back ? On the official statement he says he does not want to play at this level so knows is level is non league 

anyway the new lad looks great on the ball for a big lad good pedigree with England at. Youth level wonder if he played in midfield previously 

Has he actually said that?

I saw he'd signed a 3 Year contract so what happens if County go up? 

• Site Supporter

Bolty19581 hr ago

3Another good signing. He's very handsome as well. When I used to live in Bolton, prior to moving to Australia, all of our players were ugly. There are some real hunks now, so I'll hopefully get back to see them when all this COVID madness is over. Hopefully I can tie it in with a Bolton Pride event

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Has he actually said that?

I saw he'd signed a 3 Year contract so what happens if County go up? 

“We were looking forward to seeing John grace the pitches of League 2 but once it became clear he didn’t want to play at our new level we needed to respect his wish to stay in the National League.“ 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Bolty19581 hr ago

3Another good signing. He's very handsome as well. When I used to live in Bolton, prior to moving to Australia, all of our players were ugly. There are some real hunks now, so I'll hopefully get back to see them when all this COVID madness is over. Hopefully I can tie it in with a Bolton Pride event

Funny as...

Just wait until tomorrow morning when he’s seen it.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Bolty19581 hr ago

Last time this happened there was a prooer meltdown by skippy

13 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

“We were looking forward to seeing John grace the pitches of League 2 but once it became clear he didn’t want to play at our new level we needed to respect his wish to stay in the National League.“ 

That's what the directors have stated, but I imagine the conversation went something like:

JR: I want to join Stockport

Directors: Don't you want to stay here and play in League Two?

JR: Nah

That doesn't mean he doesn't want to play at that level, just that it isn't a dealbreaker. He's 29 and has one year left on his contract. He's just been offered a three-year contract, presumably on better terms, at a club aiming to win promotion back to the EFL.

20 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Bolty19581 hr ago

That's brilliant

• Members
34 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Bolty19581 hr ago

I knew it 

41 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Bolty19581 hr ago

😳

• Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Some impressive clips there. I would imagine there are a number of misplaced passes in there, but it's good to see a defender so comfortable with the ball at his feet. Can see the picture building already and its whetting the appetite. 

Very comfortable on the ball, reads it well, can pass a ball, can see why Evatt wanted him

• Site Supporter
On 19/07/2020 at 20:09, Johnnyrotten said:

I thought Howard was really terrible.  No presence, didnt seem to communicate, not tall enough, kicking terrible (remember at Oldham in that must win game when he kicked it into touch about 10 times running?).  Just didnt make saves, as bad a keeper as we've had for me.

Howard/Matthews would both shape better this season with a decent defence in front of 'em, and not with having a weekly tonking for the first month. Confidence of any keeper would have been shot to fuck.