Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I thought Jason Lowe was our best player last season.

Obviously not the type of player for "Brand Evatt"

Good luck to him.

We move on.

Aye, granted he didnt have much to beat but he gave it a shot at right, left and centre back along with midfield

Liked him

We say all we ask for is they do their best

7 hours ago, Escobarp said:

My mate was yts at Bolton. Captain of town team and a seriously good player. Huge Bolton fan and was offered the chance to go down to man utd and Liverpool as a kid  but rejected to stay at Bolton

dean crombie bullied him and made his life a misery so much so that he left the club after 3 months and spent the rest of his working life working in call centers where he still is today and apart from the odd charity game with the lads has never played football again it affected him that badly  

real class act was crombie off the pitch 👍🏼👍🏼

You've got to be mentally strong to be a pro footballer, beleive me.

Mounts will back me up, I was at PNE on trial and I've seen our man Mr Allardyce bully the kids to a pulp. Also that Anus John Beck was worse & he was 1st team manager.

Probably are nice blokes but people change at football youve got to be tough to progress.

3 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

Mounts will back me up, I was at PNE on trial and I've seen our man Mr Allardyce bully the kids to a pulp. Also that Anus John Beck was worse & he was 1st team manager.

Probably are nice blokes but people change at football youve got to be tough to progress.

He’s as tough as old boots mate. Hard as fucking nails as well. 

Don’t dispute what you are saying as a few of my other mates were pro’s but honestly he made the lads life a living hell. Nobody knew why. His dad went to the club a couple of times and they weren’t remotely interested. I suspect if it happened nowadays something would have been done about it and he probably would have been the one to leave the club. Crombie that is 

44 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You don't get the best out of players by bullying them, especially youth and scholars coming through the ranks, i get its a tough business and they will need to work hard and give 100% commitment, its better to coach and educate them imo.

Agreed,

I rented a house to Richard Norton who at the time was head groundsman at BWFC, he described Sam as a verbal bully.

46 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He’s as tough as old boots mate. Hard as fucking nails as well. 

Don’t dispute what you are saying as a few of my other mates were pro’s but honestly he made the lads life a living hell. Nobody knew why. His dad went to the club a couple of times and they weren’t remotely interested. I suspect if it happened nowadays something would have been done about it and he probably would have been the one to leave the club. Crombie that is 

I think Sordell was a recent example to us, all he needed was a comforting arm round him, unfortunately not all managers are like this.

Remi has been house renting whilst playing for Bolton, any time off he goes down to Norwich way which is where his wife's parents are from. He's been there since Covid began, he's trained on the seafront with a few lads and now training with Ipswich, no idea if its for him to stay sharp or whether he's signing for them.

1 hour ago, Ands1 said:

No surprise re Allardyce and Beck, the latter came across as a right psycho.  Big Sam was always going to be the type you don't upset, especially dealing with young players as opposed to Prem millionaires.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Good goalkeeper who got unfair stick and had to work with a shite back line many times

good luck to him 

It wasn't the defence's fault that time he dropped the ball on the deck against Wigan only to see the forward stroll up to score in an open net

• Members
15 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Just watching SSN

Where the fuck did Birmingham find a 17 yr old to sell to Dortmund for £25m, which could reach £40m???

Just retired his number 22 

Insane