Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

28 minutes ago, football_fan said:

No Matt Platt for Bolton. Signed a permanent 2 year deal with Barrow . Bad luck.

Yes we are worried about missing out on someone no one on hear had heard of until someone put 2 plus 2 together and came up with Matt Platt. Who?

Same as that idiot on Div 2 forum (don't even know which no mark team he follows) saying Jordan Turnbull signing for Salford was a 'kick in the bollocks for Bolton'. Didnt know they had a list of Evatts Targets.?

• Site Supporter

I really couldn't be arsed about Platt or Turnbull. I'd never heard of them a few days ago.

To be fair, I had never heard of Taft or Comley either so I will be happy to let IE go about his business quietly then piss off these 'bad luck' merchants when the time is right, after all, they all know we are considerably bigger than them

6 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Darcy breaking up the play?

He either plays as a No.10 or a wide forward for me.

We certainly don't want him playing behind the half way line.

I didnt mean taking the ball in our half particularly, although he isnt embarrassed in possession.  From my hazy memory of last season he breaks up play in the opponents half by pressing and by being "waspish" rather than being an out and out tackler like Spearing or Lowe.  I see him as an attacking, front foot midfielder who can drift across the pitch and up and down, but definitely not a behind the striker player, half his game would be wasted there and we have better players in those positions.

5 hours ago, football_fan said:

No Matt Platt for Bolton. Signed a permanent 2 year deal with Barrow . Bad luck.

Looks like he's not good enough for us to progress at league 2 level as Evatt knows him well, bullet dodged.

3 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Think more Blackburn got offered a fee for him and he only had 12months of his contract left........no brainer for Rovers really.

Think it was took out of Platts hands

Thought he was a freebie tbh, fair enough if Barrow paid a fee. 

15 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Darcy and white central both confident on the ball and out of position would not give the opposition a second

Sarcevic just behind Doyle....Politic wide right an other wide left

Where would Crawford fit in?  As much as we like to see new signings, I'm very keen to see him along with Politic and Darcy getting plenty of chances to show what they can do for us this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see only bit parts at most from darcy, politic et al this season, they aren't his players, they're young and I'm not sure they would all fit in his way of playing.

That said, he gets paid 6 figures for doing the job and we're nobbers on a forum so they might get 40+ appearances each.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Blondi said:

Crawford, Comley and Sarcevic will be our first choice midfield and the rest backup IMO.

Aye, Darcy’s an exciting prospect but that’s all he is atm.

He’ll be lucky to start 20 games for us next season. He’ll need to beef up a bit or he’ll get smashed all over the park by 4th division defenders.