Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, Steejay said:

Aye, Darcy’s an exciting prospect but that’s all he is atm.

He’ll be lucky to start 20 games for us next season. He’ll need to beef up a bit or he’ll get smashed all over the park by 4th division defenders.

Hopefully with better players or at least players playing in a team that suits his game.

Think he'll do well, though might not be first choice initially. 

2 hours ago, Blondi said:

Crawford, Comley and Sarcevic will be our first choice midfield and the rest backup IMO.

I think so too.

Sarcevic, Comley and White will compete for the two central midfield positions, Crawford and Darcy will compete for the No.10 role. Possibly Politic as well.

9 hours ago, Blondi said:

White will play more games than Politic and Darcy I reckon and especially if Comley is away on international duty covid permitting of course.

I certainly hope not. I know it's likely we sign White at the end of his deal but still, Darcy and Politic are excellent prospects and more than good enough to do very well at this level. Politic in particular.

Both Politic and Darcy are excellent prospects, but that's all they are atm as neither have shown any sort of consistency of form thus far.

Most of the players we've brought in so far have shown that consistency so I'd fully expect them to be first choice, with Politic and Darcy as back-up.  If this isn't the case and Evatt sees enough in them to put them in the starting XI then it's a win/win.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Both Politic and Darcy are excellent prospects, but that's all they are atm as neither have shown any sort of consistency of form thus far.

Most of the players we've brought in so far have shown that consistency so I'd fully expect them to be first choice, with Politic and Darcy as back-up.  If this isn't the case and Evatt sees enough in them to put them in the starting XI then it's a win/win.

A bit harsh. Our two were playing in a Keith Hill side; one that was poor and had its players chopped and changed regularly. 

Best to judge when they're all in the same squad.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A bit harsh. Our two were playing in a Keith Hill side; one that was poor and had its players chopped and changed regularly. 

Best to judge when they're all in the same squad.

I don't think it's harsh.  I've not said they're not good players or that they won't become good players.

The circumstances of last season certainly didn't help either of them, but we can't say they're definitely going to become brilliant players just because we had a dickhead in charge last season.

If they're as good as we hope they'll be then they'll come through and they'll shine.

9 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

I certainly hope not. I know it's likely we sign White at the end of his deal but still, Darcy and Politic are excellent prospects and more than good enough to do very well at this level. Politic in particular.

Me too.  I know I'm in danger of over rating them because they are "our's", but 2 months ago everyone was assuming Darcy,  Politic and Crawford would be way too good to want to hang around in Div 2.  Now we are talking about them not getting into the team ahead of someone that's never played above Conference level, and a Colchester player who's CV isnt anything to write home about.  No disrespect to either of them but I'd be amazed if they are any better, I just hope players are picked on merit not on who signed them.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Me too.  I know I'm in danger of over rating them because they are "our's", but 2 months ago everyone was assuming Darcy,  Politic and Crawford would be way too good to want to hang around in Div 2.  Now we are talking about them not getting into the team ahead of someone that's never played above Conference level, and a Colchester player who's CV isnt anything to write home about.  No disrespect to either of them but I'd be amazed if they are any better, I just hope players are picked on merit not on who signed them.

White was good when he came in on loan to Barrow during last season last season but, as you say, you can't be sure if a player can step up a level until you see them for a few matches. However, as somebody who watched both Barrow and Portsmouth last season I would say that there isn't a huge difference between even Division 1 and the National League so I would expect White to be a very decent player for you. Although I wouldn't go as far as saying Barrow were a better team than Portsmouth I would without doubt say they were a far more entertaining team to watch with a far better style of play so I'd be surprised if you didn't get football worth watching under Ian Evatt.

Edited by football_fan

2 hours ago, football_fan said:

White was good when he came in on loan to Barrow during last season last season but, as you say, you can't be sure if a player can step up a level until you see them for a few matches. However, as somebody who watched both Barrow and Portsmouth last season I would say that there isn't a huge difference between even Division 1 and the National League so I would expect White to be a very decent player for you. Although I wouldn't go as far as saying Barrow were a better team than Portsmouth I would without doubt say they were a far more entertaining team to watch with a far better style of play so I'd be surprised if you didn't get football worth watching under Ian Evatt.

I know a Barrow fan who watches Portsmouth, but this is far too sensible a post for him to come up with 🤔🤣

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'll be amazed if Crawford doesn't start the first match of the season.