Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

14 hours ago, gonzo said:

What kind of absolute mushroom takes the trouble of editing some league 2 players wiki profile to put bolton in it, just for some kind of a laugh? 

What a waste of time and energy. 

You? :)

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Sounds promising but the author does talk about Conor Wilkinson in similar vein.

Guess either his attitude changed or he found his level after he left us. To be fair to him we were a struggling team who didn't really create chances or give him a chance. Scored every other game for Dagenham but only played 20 odd matches for them before joining Orient. 

9 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

A fit for purpose wing back Rather than shoe horning someone in 👍🏼

said it before and I’ll say it again, Evatt doesn’t want any of the barrow lot. He doesn’t need them. He’s clearly had his eye on certain players that probably would’ve been out of reach there. They aren’t here 

I think you're miles out with suggestion. Ian Evatt obviously wanted Tom White and there were certainly 3 players better than Tom in the Barrow team last season and another 4 equally as good. I'm pretty sure Ian Evatt would have loved to have at least 2 or 3 more of them. The fact is that the only Barrow players Bolton could have signed were White and Platt who were loan players at Barrow and Platt came to Barrow because the new manager David Dunn was his coach of the Blackburn U23 team plus Barrow offered Blackburn money for him. The 2 year agreement isn't a big deal for Bolton because even without it, Bolton still couldn't have signed any other Barrow players as any of the best who Ian Evatt would have been interested in signing were on contract and Bolton would have had to pay a transfer fee which it isn't allowed to do. It merely extends the default position for a bit longer. Unfortunately Ian Evatt won't be under-estimating Barrow as much as some on here seem to do. Barrow have a very smart group of owner/directors who were smary enough to get £250,000 from Bolton for Evatt and got another £75,000 from Stockport for Rooney when he wanted to leave. They've already signed another 5 players who look decent for this league and may well surprise a lot of teams next season.

Edited by football_fan

9 minutes ago, football_fan said:

I think you're miles out with suggestion. Ian Evatt obviously wanted Tom White and there were certainly 3 players better than Tom in the Barrow team last season and another 4 equally as good. I'm pretty sure Ian Evatt would have loved to have at least 2 or 3 more of them. The fact is that the only Barrow players Bolton could have signed were White and Platt who were loan players at Barrow and Platt came to Barrow because the new manager David Dunn was his coach of the Blackburn U23 team plus Barrow offered Blackburn money for him. The 2 year agreement isn't a big deal for Bolton because even without it, Bolton still couldn't have signed any other Barrow players as any of the best who Ian Evatt would have been interested in signing were on contract and Bolton would have had to pay a transfer fee which it isn't allowed to do. It merely extends the default position for a bit longer. Unfortunately Ian Evatt won't be under-estimating Barrow as much as some on here seem to do. Barrow have a very smart group of owner/directors who were smary enough to get £250,000 from Bolton for Evatt and got another £75,000 from Stockport for Rooney when he wanted to leave. They've already signed another 5 players who look decent for this league and may well surprise a lot of teams next season.

Hi Pal, do you think Dunn is an ambitious move by your owners?

17 minutes ago, football_fan said:

Trust me, I’m bang on the money 

4 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Hi Pal, do you think Dunn is an ambitious move by your owners?

He didn't do much at Oldham but was on a bit of a hiding to nothing. Did O.K. at Blackpool as a caretaker for a short time but could be anything. However, they seem very keen on him and picked Evatt when he had no previous record of any kind so we shall see.

6 minutes ago, football_fan said:

I don't trust you and you're not. If you were he wouldn't have wanted Tom White.

Ok pal. White wasn’t Barrows for one. 
Platt? Maybe but again he wasn’t Barrows for two 

the only other one linked, Rooney? We were already covered with deals in place 

the clause was put to him in negotiations and he happily accepted it. Not interested was pretty much  the response 

but you crack on 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ok pal. White wasn’t Barrows for one. 
Platt? Maybe but again I wasn’t Barrows for two 

the only other one, Rooney. We’re covered thanks. 

the clause was put to him in negotiations and he happily accepted it. Not interested 

but you crack on 

We’ll be in the championship by the time the clause has run its course so a bit irrelevant 

11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

We’ll be in the championship by the time the clause has run its course so a bit irrelevant 

I've been reading the same sort of delusions of grandeur on the Pompey forum for the last 4 or 5 years and we still haven't got there so I wouldn't be too sure.

25 minutes ago, football_fan said:

He didn't do much at Oldham but was on a bit of a hiding to nothing. Did O.K. at Blackpool as a caretaker for a short time but could be anything. However, they seem very keen on him and picked Evatt when he had no previous record of any kind so we shall see.

Are you happy with Dunn Being your next manager?

Just now, Blondi said:

Are you happy with Dunn Being your next manager?

No more or less happy than when Ian Evatt took over. He's got no record but nor did Evatt. I liked him as a player and his style of play but good players don't necessarily make good managers.

Football fan we got your manager and he signed one of your loan players and may or may not have taken another loanee but that doesnt make you the Barcelona of div 2. By your own admission your best player has jumped ship to.....the mighty Stockport County.

Good luck to you but your big fight is to stay in this league not bothering about how many Barrow players would walk into our team. Not many pal if any. Good luck with that fat Blackburn prick in charge as well.

I'd be surprised if we played a 20yr old keeper as first choice, but Everton had a substantial bid knocked back for Crellin a couple of years ago and Gilks knows the lad and maybe they think he's decent enough for league 2.

Edited by Blondi