Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I'm totally lost now on squad size, who's who, how many more players we need and in what position. 🤔

But I have total faith in Ian Evatt! 

I'll just have to buy a program first home game for the first time in donkeys years so I can identify the players. 😆 

3 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I'm totally lost now on squad size, who's who, how many more players we need and in what position. 🤔

But I have total faith in Ian Evatt! 

I'll just have to buy a program first home game for the first time in donkeys years so I can identify the players. 😆 

Not to mention how many players we're allowed to have in the squad, is our squad size still reduced under the embargo?

7 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I reckon a couple will go on loan but still think we need another striker and a wing back.

Without knowing details on our squad restrictions, I assumed it was 24 not including U21s, here's where we're at after the signings and what I reckon are areas for further signings. 

GK: Crellin, New Signing(NS) Gilks?, Alexander

RCB: Santos, Brockbank

CB: Delaney, Senior/NS

LCB: Taft, Greenidge

RWB: Jones, NS

CM: Comley, NS

CM: Sarcevic, White

LWB: Gordon, NS Bunney?

CAM: Crawford, Darcy

ST: Doyle, NS

ST: Politic, Faal

Good moves by Evatt & Tobias. Make sure your two top targets are first through the door to create a big portion of that spine whom are ready made to get out of this league. Clear to see that we're trying to find players who have had very good youth careers who are still relatively young e.g Taft(Leicester), Comley(QPR), Jones(Everton), Greenidge(Arsenal,WBA) meaning they've very much most likely been coached to play "the right way" hopefully this is the platform for them to really kick on under the right manager. The likes of White, Gordon & Santos who have all been playing non league recently are all young, hungry whom would have really caught Evatt's eye during his vanarama journey. They're also a farcry to the shit unambitious journeyman fucks like Buckley, Donaldson, Dyer, O'Grady ect. The only concern is the goalkeeper imagine this Billy Casper is being trusted on this England youth coaching of distribution & playing out from the back... maybe it's not as scary as it sounds as noted the last three teams who got out of this division all had keepers under the age of 24 playing mainly every match in their campaign including crewe with Jussi Jr. Hopefully Faal can have a good pre season, got all the attributes to be handful probably just needs some proper coaching unlike the shit Hill was doing.

Just in a queue behind Evatt at middlebrook

on the phone to someone within the club and he said “so they’ve accepted the loan deal? Great” 

don’t know what was said in response but he then followed that up with “well they need to tell him he ain’t going to play there” 

not sure who or where from in spite of my best efforts to listen 🤣 but another one in the pipeline 

*was on to Phoenix. He’s just joined him. I’ll try and get a table close 

Edited by barrycowdrill

22 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Just in a queue behind Evatt at middlebrook

on the phone to someone within the club and he said “so they’ve accepted the loan deal? Great” 

don’t know what was said in response but he then followed that up with “well they need to tell him he ain’t going to play there” 

not sure who or where from in spite of my best efforts to listen 🤣 but another one in the pipeline 

*was on to Phoenix. He’s just joined him. I’ll try and get a table close 

Maccy Ds?

38 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Thrilling conversation this gents, there's a Chiquito's as well just to really blow your mind. 

But was anything else let slip?

As I say no idea who it was but interesting we’re just not going after the freebies knocking around 

Evatt tried ringing said player but no answer then Phoenix was scuttling around on his phone probably talking to the club 

transfers of the modern day eh in a socially  distanced queue waiting for a Katsu curry