Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

5 hours ago, Deanu said:

Good moves by Evatt & Tobias. Make sure your two top targets are first through the door to create a big portion of that spine whom are ready made to get out of this league. Clear to see that we're trying to find players who have had very good youth careers who are still relatively young e.g Taft(Leicester), Comley(QPR), Jones(Everton), Greenidge(Arsenal,WBA) meaning they've very much most likely been coached to play "the right way" hopefully this is the platform for them to really kick on under the right manager. The likes of White, Gordon & Santos who have all been playing non league recently are all young, hungry whom would have really caught Evatt's eye during his vanarama journey. They're also a farcry to the shit unambitious journeyman fucks like Buckley, Donaldson, Dyer, O'Grady ect. The only concern is the goalkeeper imagine this Billy Casper is being trusted on this England youth coaching of distribution & playing out from the back... maybe it's not as scary as it sounds as noted the last three teams who got out of this division all had keepers under the age of 24 playing mainly every match in their campaign including crewe with Jussi Jr. Hopefully Faal can have a good pre season, got all the attributes to be handful probably just needs some proper coaching unlike the shit Hill was doing.

I get what you’re saying but I’d stick up for some ‘journeyman’. A model pro doesn’t become a money grabbing unambitious shit player purely by getting older and a yard slower. O’Grady was a credit to us last year, seemed to be a top pro on and off the pitch and could still score, when (occasionally) played in the right position. Hobbs the same, cant fault his attitude and I’d suggest these young lads would benefit from having his influence around the place. Add to that list - Gary O’Neill, Daryl Murphy, Lowe, Bridcutt. Genuine professionals. We currently have one proven EFL striker, if that’s how it’s going to stay I’d have O’Grady or Murphy as back up striker in Div 2 all day long.

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I get what you’re saying but I’d stick up for some ‘journeyman’. A model pro doesn’t become a money grabbing unambitious shit player purely by getting older and a yard slower. O’Grady was a credit to us last year, seemed to be a top pro on and off the pitch and could still score, when (occasionally) played in the right position. Hobbs the same, cant fault his attitude and I’d suggest these young lads would benefit from having his influence around the place. Add to that list - Gary O’Neill, Daryl Murphy, Lowe, Bridcutt. Genuine professionals. We currently have one proven EFL striker, if that’s how it’s going to stay I’d have O’Grady or Murphy as back up striker in Div 2 all day long.

I agree with you about all the players you mentioned, all had professional attitudes and were a credit to themselves and the club, as you say when played in the correct positions. If IE does want experience and the price was right he could do worse.

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

And how did we get on when said players played for us?