Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

My Everton supporting brother in law doesnt like Vaughan reckons hes sn arrogant twonk with a bad attitude. Reason why hes had so many clubs and McCall looks like hes glad to get shut of big earner

Given that and his age massive no from me. plus like BD never rated him meself

I think Vaughan has looked quality against us over the years myself. A really good hold up player. Beckford’s return for Huddersfield (immediately before he joined us) was largely down to him I reckon.

Would’ve certainly had him over Delfouneso given the chance, but happy to give the Fonz an opportunity to impress now. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Scored 45 since August 2016.  Did have a dry spell for a couple of years but that I think that was in championship with struggling teams (Sunderland and Wigan).

2017–2018 Sunderland 23 (2)
2018–2019 Wigan Athletic 38 (5)
2019  Portsmouth (loan) 10 (0)
2019–2020 Bradford City 25 (11)
2020  Tranmere Rovers (loan) 8 (3)
2020– Tranmere Rovers 0 (0

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Scored plenty in a shit team that couldn't defend en masse. With the team's attacking mentality, creating chances, he'd grab plenty at this level.

He might but we are looking at different formation and playing a pressing game that wouldn’t suit him. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He might but we are looking at different formation and playing a pressing game that wouldn’t suit him. 

Agreed. He wants the service into him. Not gonna run the channels, not for Evatts SWA 

I like to think that if a player is available and we can afford him and if he fits into what Evatt is trying to do we would be signing him simple as that. 

Maybe it’s misplaced confidence but I feel no need to second guess this guy and why he is or isn’t signing a certain player. I think he knows exactly what he’s doing. Been a long time since I could say that!

Let’s see if it pans out that way 

• Site Supporter
On 11/08/2020 at 14:08, Blondi said:

Well that's a disaster, Politic should have had a big say for us this season, we definitely need to bring in another attacking player if Politic is out for a considerable amount of time.

I see the new 'Bolty' of BN fame, has paid a tribute to politic, in his unique style