Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

Having Adam's technical ability to pick a pass would really suit us if we're struggling to unlock a team who have 10 men behind the ball. Don't need to have high intensity pressing players all over the pitch if the opposition have no intention of attacking.

Agree Mantra, I see many teams sitting back and hoping to catch us on the break, especially at the UniBol, so it would be ideal for Adam to sit in midfield and pick the passes. Just because we play a high tempo, passing game doesn’t mean all the players need to be sprinters. Experience and positioning can be far more valuable in certain games. If the opposition do attack we have plenty options instead anyway.

Edited by Whitesince63

4 minutes ago, Werder barmen said:

who is this guy?

iknow hes been in most preseason but who is he?

I only became aware of him when someone else said it was him on trial. He started at Liverpool and has also played at Bury. Seems to be highly rated.

29 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Really looking forward to seeing us play at pace, weve looked stodgy all over the pitch for years.

Yep just slow and lethargic from back to front bar the odd exception really. 

he’s set his stall out and it’s clear to see what we will be like as a team and what he wants 

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They might be rapid, but will they have the defensive know-how of Lawrie Wilson and Lewis Buxton 😏

You have convinced me Evatt out 😁

nice to see we’re signing players that are round  pegs for Round holes like for like replacements we’re going to need plenty of cover . A striker next please 

Edited by Farnywhite

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Exactly fella, I can't see Evatt playing a striker at right back, he is doing the simple basic stuff, it ain't rocket science, but some managers think they are clever making it all complicated.

Henrik Pederson springs to mind

Edited by MickyD
More shit spellcheck

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Was Pederson asked to play LB or told he ain’t a striker at the level we were playing.

It was because Bibi was injured and we only had him and Speed who were left footed. He wouldn't be starting ahead of SKD and Anelka

Edited by jmjhb