Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Holding to Newcastle would be a loan I think, Leeds on a permanent. 

I still don't understand it from Arsenal's perspective, he's their best defender, but it'd be better for Rob to move permanent to Leeds. Their style of play would suit him I reckon.

Edited by meanderson93

53 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

How many midfield players have we got? Thought we needed strikers and defenders

The midfielders and wing backs do the graft in Evatts teams and we need options for two games a week.  They need to be winning the ball back and covering ground.  That's why Adam did not seem to be a good fit.

7 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Bolton Wanderers is delighted to announce the signing of 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗲𝘄 𝗧𝘂𝘁𝘁𝗲 on a one-year deal.

Right - I've had this arguments loads of times. But I always think it sounds correct to say

'Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the signing of.......'

Is doesn't scan right for me!

Was on trial which got cut short along with that Ben Stephens where as Baptiste/ Hickman/Greenidge/Amoateng stayed till the duration. Probably didn't fancy him then gave him a call to fall back on him when we realised we're well short for the bench & cover considering our young pro's are nowhere near the level required atm. Not exciting in the slightest but we deffo needed another CM. We can expect some scouse shithousery & a 5 yard backwards sideways pass but at the end of the day I'd rather have this guy doing the same thing as Spearing & Lowe on 75% less wages. 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Right - I've had this arguments loads of times. But I always think it sounds correct to say

'Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the signing of.......'

Is doesn't scan right for me!

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is delighted. The Club is singular. 

22 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Have we signed that Amoateng lad? 

Seemed to bag a few in friendlies, which would usually indicate the trial has gone well 

Maybe he was keeping his options open before committing to BWFC or we weren't offering him a long enough deal ? Pure guesswork on my part but does seem odd as the trial seemed to go well.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Might be correct but it doesn't look right to me.

Anyway, love all these whoppers writing this lad off pretending they know who he is.

Who the fuck saw morecambe play last season?

I know I've seen him play previously for Rochdale and I expect he played against us for Bury in League One but fucking hell there's dozens of players who've played for us in recent years who I wouldn't remember, never mind opposition players.

47 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Maybe he was keeping his options open before committing to BWFC or we weren't offering him a long enough deal ? Pure guesswork on my part but does seem odd as the trial seemed to go well.

I've been wonderimg if it might have something to do with him last playing for Bury, and whether any compensation is due to them.