Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

But it is the reality of the situation. Look at Watters at Crawley. Scunny couldn't afford to keep him, so they took him and bingo.

No embarrassment; just pragmatism to positive effect.

I'm there. I get it. It's just not easy.

Like back in July when I looked at the fixtures.

3 hours ago, emus wig said:

Taking players from Lincoln on loan is a bit hard to swallow Jesus . Let’s hope he’s a good un . Suppose they are top of the league above us . 

Zach Elbouzedi, inexperienced 22yo. Just 7 games for Lincoln.

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I wonder why we’re taking up precious squad places with young inexperienced lads? What we need now is a couple of gnarly old seasoned pro’s. We’ve already got quite a few young lads, a bit of experience wouldn’t go amiss imo.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but players U21 (including loans) do not count towards the squad size. So adding Jackson to the squad is extra depth at a higher quality than our younger players who can play in those similar positions. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I wonder why we’re taking up precious squad places with young inexperienced lads? What we need now is a couple of gnarly old seasoned pro’s. We’ve already got quite a few young lads, a bit of experience wouldn’t go amiss imo.

He’s said today in the BN the experienced ones we are in for we might have to wait 

9 hours ago, Traf said:

and more of a midfielder than a left back?

Makes sense seeing as we already have our first choice left back (John) for the rest of the season - he just needs a week or 2 to get back fit.

If this new lad can do a job there until then, but was brought in for the midfield options mainly, then it’s an added bonus.

• Site Supporter

From the BN this morning

But he predicts another hat-trick of loan deals will be on the cards in the following fortnight plus another attacking signing that could really turn heads.

“We are monitoring situations. Some are younger players who we think are talented and we believe can help us, some are more experienced – and they are the ones we will probably have to wait for. They might have aspirations of moving higher up, or the club are waiting for another player to become available before releasing the one we want.

“We might have to be patient. But I want four more in the building – two younger ones, two more experienced ones.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Makes sense seeing as we already have our first choice left back (John) for the rest of the season - he just needs a week or 2 to get back fit.

If this new lad can do a job there until then, but was brought in for the midfield options mainly, then it’s an added bonus.

Stockport mate reckons he’s pacey with a decent cross but prone to the odd fuck up in defence so better left midfield.

When I said ‘we’ were linked he was surprised as he thought I meant Chorley...as if I needed a reminder how far we’ve fallen 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Jackson is another Marple Hall lad like Lockett but a year older.

Mate of mine - Simon Ainge played with him at Darlo a couple of years back ans said "good player, quick and good left foot", so fingers crossed

Impressed today. Happy to use his right peg too, even if he sliced a couple.

Evatt suggesting that he wants two more "experienced heads" in before the deadline a week on Monday. 

I have a feeling we could well see another on top of those, depending who we can shift out. 

What are our priority areas? I would probably say a GK and an alternative Striker option who offers something different to Doyle/Delfouneso are must haves. On the back of recent performances, I think a Centre Half could also be on the cards which seems strange having sent Taft out on loan. Was he really worse than what Delaney's performances have been of late?