Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Members
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’ve just text a lad I know at Charlton to see what the bizzo is on Maddison 

“You’ve signed a top top player, he’d do a job in the championship. Right player at the wrong time, trained hard, good lad, just wasn’t the right player for our style”

19 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Two words

Oztumer 

He had a similar compilation that got me all moist 

Hopefully this manager won't nullify him

I was an Oz fan and he was underused by Parky - but he was going up a division from is natural level where he excelled.  MM is going down a level from where he was still the best attacking player in the league (as recently as 2019).

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

“You’ve signed a top top player, he’d do a job in the championship. Right player at the wrong time, trained hard, good lad, just wasn’t the right player for our style”

No mention of a poor attitude then?

That's good to hear if not, I've seen a lot of their fans saying it and they seem to hate him

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It seems it’s all a bit marmite with IE , players either buy into what he’s trying to achieve, or they can’t stand him & want to play somewhere else.

Hopefully we put a decent run together. It’s easier to buy into a management style if it’s producing results. 

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I was an Oz fan and he was underused by Parky - but he was going up a division from is natural level where he excelled.  MM is going down a level from where he was still the best attacking player in the league (as recently as 2019).

Yeah, though he's back in L1 now and doesn't appear to have done much at Charlton or Bristol Rovers, maybe Walsall was right place right time 

Hopefully he can replicate his Peterborough stint for us, we need him to, but I got a minute into that video and switched off as it means nowt 

I'd not even heard of him before today, so am just not getting carried away, i tried that once at the start of the season

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I’ve no idea who these players are but know we’ve signed a keeper. What are the positions of the others?

Jenson - GK

Afolayan - Forward

MJ Williams - Defensive Midfielder

Maddison - Winger/Attacking Midfielder