Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I feel a bit sorry for Crellin now, OK his chances were slim and that's the right call, but I thought he might have been "rewarded" with being on the bench sometimes, to give Gilks for eg a complete break from the 2 game a week schedule.  But if at least 2 loans have to miss out, he's always going to be one of them, barring injuries.  He's literally here just to train with 2 keepers that have taken his place.  We've all had our say on him but I feel for him now.

Agreed. The lad had a nightmare few weeks, but to lay our shit start entirely at his feet - or Evatt's for standing by him - is ridiculous. The abuse he's had, anyone would think he'd been throwing the ball into his own net every game.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Agreed. The lad had a nightmare few weeks, but to lay our shit start entirely at his feet - or Evatt's for standing by him - is ridiculous. The abuse he's had, anyone would think he'd been throwing the ball into his own net every game.

It's not his fault he wasn't anywhere near good enough for what was asked of him. It doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't. So if people want to give him a big cuggle and tell him he did his best & not to worry about it then be my guest.

But he was shite & should never have been put in that position. That was the combined fault of Gilkes, Tobias, Evatt & Joey Barton.

There, I hope that makes him feel a lot better.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The GK situation was absolutely terrible, imagine how it would have been if we had fans in the ground. 
None of it was personal that I’m aware of, it was about his performances that drew criticism, as a footballer especially a goalkeeper you mess up you’re going to get it. 
He wasn’t up to it and got the stick. Hardly abuse

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I feel a bit sorry for Crellin now, OK his chances were slim and that's the right call, but I thought he might have been "rewarded" with being on the bench sometimes, to give Gilks for eg a complete break from the 2 game a week schedule.  But if at least 2 loans have to miss out, he's always going to be one of them, barring injuries.  He's literally here just to train with 2 keepers that have taken his place.  We've all had our say on him but I feel for him now.

Young lad getting paid to train and play football all day. Might be learning he aint good enough to make it. 
He either knuckles down and learns to improve his game or he finds something else to do. That is how pro sport works.

Lot more people in the country I have lot more sympathy with than any Pro footballer  

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

I'd never heard of Maddison before.  But on that montage of best bits I recognised that goal he scored from near the halfway line.

Looks a hell of a player on those highlights ... but so did Daniel Braaten.

It's clearly a bit of a gamble, but if it doesn't pay off then what have we lost?  The option of playing Crawford instead? Happy to take that risk.  That said, will be interesting to see if he turns his form around at Tranmere.  Personally, I was sickened to see so many BWFC fans wishing him luck.  Wankers.

Was it not good luck in agent type of way. Like run Johnny Morrisey over or spike Eric Nixon’s drink. If not madness.

I hope I’m wrong about Maddison but let’s see

29 minutes ago, Ani said:

Young lad getting paid to train and play football all day. Might be learning he aint good enough to make it. 
He either knuckles down and learns to improve his game or he finds something else to do. That is how pro sport works.

Lot more people in the country I have lot more sympathy with than any Pro footballer  

That's a given, if we put sport into that context with life in general we'd never be able to get angry or disappointed with our team.  Any sympathy or anger on here its purely in a sporting context.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a given, if we put sport into that context with life in general we'd never be able to get angry or disappointed with our team.  Any sympathy or anger on here its purely in a sporting context.

Exactly. You're allowed to sympathise with more than one person at a time, and for entirely different reasons.

• Members
4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I signed him on Football Manager and he got 4 red cards in 10 games

I also signed Kieran Lee and he played 2 games then got injured for 6 months

I will personally hold you responsible 

Lynch was at QPR at same time as Baptiste.  Very left footed centre back.

Had the misfortune of Parky getting the Sunderland job while he was there.

Quite an interesting interview with him here from a few months ago about having no club during Covid, and one of those videos where he looks like Franco Beresi

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/joel-lynch-why-this-year-is-the-worst-ever-to-be-out-of-contract/

Just watched Crawford’s ‘welcome’ interview regarding his loan club Tranny Rvrs 

He actually looks uncomfortable, looks away from the camera but mumbles than Tranmere are a ‘massive’ club! Going through the motions I reckon just like he has been doing all season on the pitch.Keith Hill will struggle to get a tune out of him I reckon but time will tell. 

12 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Just watched Crawford’s ‘welcome’ interview regarding his loan club Tranny Rvrs 

He actually looks uncomfortable, looks away from the camera but mumbles than Tranmere are a ‘massive’ club! Going through the motions I reckon just like he has been doing all season on the pitch.Keith Hill will struggle to get a tune out of him I reckon but time will tell. 

I gave up at Tranmere are a massive club.